Perlon Represses

- wax
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Perlon Represses

Post by roland »

Papa Bear wrote:Who cares about the sleeve design? I always just throw these outer sleeves out anyway and just keep all my records in their inner sleeves. Looks more minimalistic.
you're joking, right? ..

you threw away every vinyl cover and your collection is stored exclusively in inner sleeves? :shock:
Last edited by roland on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elDice
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by elDice »

i have a bunch of records which came without the outer sleeve and guess what, they're all torn. Is that the minimalistic design/feel you were referring to?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

roland wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:Who cares about the sleeve design? I always just throw these outer sleeves out anyway and just keep all my records in their inner sleeves. Looks more minimalistic.
you're joking, right? ..

you threw away every vinyl cover and your collection is stored exclusively in inner sleeves? :shock:
Nope, totally serious, mate. They take up less space that way and just look more neat in general. I buy records to enjoy the music, not the cover artwork. Honestly, give me one good reason why you think these aren't just rubbish?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

elDice wrote:i have a bunch of records which came without the outer sleeve and guess what, they're all torn. Is that the minimalistic design/feel you were referring to?
Then you don't know how to take care of them properly. Nothing to do with the fact that they came without covers.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

er... aesthetic considerations aside, sleeves play quite an important role in protecting the record :lol:
elDice
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by elDice »

Papa Bear, when you pull records out of the bag do you carefully pay attention and pick them up with maximum precision to avoid tearing the inner sleeve ? And just as a reminder, most of the inner sleeves are already half cut when us buyers receive them. So what you're saying is that the outer sleeves are simply a matter of design, interesting...
Igloobs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Igloobs »

what do you do of the outer sleeves then?

in the garbage or...?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Igloobs wrote:what do you do of the outer sleeves then?

in the garbage or...?
I sell them on ebay.