Re: good mixer

Post by ray parry »

what 2 channel mixers are decent?
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

dont get a xone 22 ray... sound quality is very poor compared to the 32. functionality is much better yes, but ugh... makes all records sound very harsh, and the fade in is very 'angular'. had bith for a while.and was convinced i wouod keep the 22 over the 32 because the actual functionality is far superior but when i did a side by side the 22 had to go. i really like the ecler nuo 2.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:
Selling a product that gave an electric shock is a very big deal imo. I've happily used products with low safety power solutions and joked about it, but it just takes one tiny thing to go wrong and the consequences are massive. It's not hard or expensive to design to design a safe power supply.
me too.

to be fair it was more of a tingle than getting thrown across the room, if that had happened i'd be suing the company.

power supplies are really sh!t these days, i've had them die in 4 or 5 newish synths i've owned like my Nord 3 (also my mates Nord 3 died), Acces Virus etc.. yet all my 30 year old Roland kit is still going strong......they dont make them like they used to...blah blah
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I do like the 92, i actually prefer the older 62 actually. I've been asked to recommend some mixers for a club installation recently and I recommended the 62 then 92 in that order.

Tell u what i did see the other day that 'looked and felt' good so no idea about the sound which is for course key!!

http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails. ... ory=Mixers
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

steevio wrote:
power supplies are really sh!t these days, i've had them die in 4 or 5 newish synths i've owned like my Nord 3 (also my mates Nord 3 died), Acces Virus etc.. yet all my 30 year old Roland kit is still going strong......they dont make them like they used to...blah blah
For my modular system I use: http://www.hinton-instruments.co.uk/pap ... /index.htm

It's expensive but built for a lifetime (i.e. every part easily replaceable and easily upgradeable), the audio quality is very high, and good stable power is at the heart of every audio signal in a synth, from oscillators to filters to VCAs.

Incidentally, I will be getting a modular mixer from him once it's on the market. He knows exactly what he's doing. Extremely high standard of engineering comparable with high end studio gear, and very creative and functional design philosophy.
Carlj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Carlj »

Since this summer i play with the E&S DJR400
it was not cheap, but in the end worth all the money.

http://www.electronique-spectacle.com/djr400.php
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

resolved wrote:dont get a xone 22 ray... sound quality is very poor compared to the 32. functionality is much better yes, but ugh... makes all records sound very harsh, and the fade in is very 'angular'. had bith for a while.and was convinced i wouod keep the 22 over the 32 because the actual functionality is far superior but when i did a side by side the 22 had to go. i really like the ecler nuo 2.

yeah i think im going to go for the ecler nuo2. hopefully the cue buttons will be fine.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

if you want to use it live, make sure you get one with main outputs and booth outputs with independent level controls, which the Nuo 2 doesn't seem to have.

If you just use it for home don#t worry about it.