Petre Inspirescu, [a:rpia:r] 12

- wax
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Petre Inspirescu, [a:rpia:r] 12

Post by resolved »

the record is priced on the high side for sure, but pricing wise a better comparison is non-dance music single lps of 'normal' music with full art etc are regularly 14e. a triple lp on 180g and gatefold cover would be £30 minimum. no doubt they are making a small profit on these pressing runs, as opposed to just breaking even, but really not that bothered. ultimately if the price is too high, just walk away.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

for me the discussion was not why arpiar prices their records high. thats just a fact since a long time and everyone should be over it.

i just dont like when people come and tell me .. oh you know actually they wanted it cheaper but the evil record shops dont let them.. thats just bullshit to me sry.

maybe they add a pound here and there, but they dont add 10 pounds just for giggles and fun on the chance that other record shops may go also higher .. thats just not how you do buisness if you sell millions of vinyls every years..
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:maybe they add a pound here and there, but they dont add 10 pounds just for giggles and fun on the chance that other record shops may go also higher .. thats just not how you do buisness if you sell millions of vinyls every years..
Moody's Why Do U Feel EP, I saw Juno selling it for £8.29, ≈£15, ≈£21 (vat not included)
SIT's Sculptures Part 2: Year 3000 EP, Juno were selling it for ≈£12, after some time they changed the price to £7.49 (vat not included)
Norm Talley's The Paradise Valley Project, first price was £9.16, then after twelve hours they raised the price to £9.99 or something, then after twelve more hours they raised the price once again, this time to £10.82 and if it wasn't enough, they raised the price one more time to something like 13 pounds (vat not included). It was discussed here - http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74095

My examples are all about Juno because i mostly buy from them so i notice all their dirty tricks. But i bet other stores do this too. Decks definitely do this.

Get out of that bubble you live in, Themis.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Oh, and some people were comparing the prices of Pedro's first album with this one...
£21 vs. £26 (the original price Juno were going to sell it for)
When comparing, did you keep in mind the inflation (3 years have passed ffs), and that the first album wasn't pressed on 180gr vinyl and the cover was a simple oversized outer sleeve, not some fancy gatefold sh!t. And i'm yet to receive my copy, but i suppose the inner sleeves will also be of a better quality.
So tell me, do you still find that 5 pounds difference startling after taking all these points into consideration?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

lol no, no one else does this, i dont buy from juno as i said before, decks certainly doesnt change their prices every 12 hours, and the shop im buying from deejay.de did this not on a single record even once.

on deejay.de you can preorder records a month before they actually hit the shops and the price stays the same, they even give you most of the time 5% discount on a preorder.

so you buy at a shitty online shop -> conclusion: every online shop does that?

and dont state things that you cant prove, you saw juno sell it actually for 26 pounds? is there anything more than your word? did anyone else saw this? maybe on another shop? or build all shops their prices after juno did? or more likely why did no one buy it for 26, and tell us now?

i buy at a shop who doesnt change their prices every 12 hours and they sell it for 44 € so this shop never ever even once ripped me off, and i firmly believe it doesnt do it now.

how you get to the conclusion that the pedro album originally should sell for 26 pound only cause you saw it for a moment on juno is beyond me, could be a million reasons why it was there for 26 pounds, from a simple mistake to just misinformation to, they just guessed but didnt know the actual price of the distribution.

and further you mostly prove my point, they add one or two pounds if they feel like gambling, but they dont add 14 ...

but why not just ask some little shops what they paid for the pedro album should be not that hard to find out.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

You got your mind made up, don't you? The artists are bad, the distributor even worse... Fvcking gypsies selling their records for crazy money... Poor record stores selling records at a sacrifice... And all that...
There's no point arguing with you then, i guess.
Case closed.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah and you are totally open for arguments haha

i didnt start the discussion, b-ran more or less implyed that webshops are the reason for high prices. thats a bold statement.

all im saying is, i dont see ANY evidence for that. actually i see a lot of evidence against it.

the strongest: ALL Shops settle magically around the same price - i dont know if you had econmics but that doesnt happen in the real word, the only exception would be a cartel which is highly unlikely between so many independent little shops.

so we have one guy who was "told" by a friend, who was told by someone other.
and you who monitors junos prices.

strong case man, i guess its a fact now that ALL webshops ripping us off.

EDIT: and dont reinterpret my quotes after your liking, thats just silly .. i never said something like that, not even close ..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis is right, webshops are not the reason for setting higher prices.

Over the last 2-3 years, labels have been getting a higher price from the distributors, because otherwise it would be totally suicide to run a label, because of the small numbers records are pressed in. So if distributor pays labels more money, then distributor sells to a higher price to the shop, which means the shop also needs to take a higher price.

That's it.

Furthermore, some shops buy directly from certain limited labels, and here the pricing are often higher, again because the starting point from the seller is higher.