Dependant & Happy Four!

- wax
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Dependant & Happy Four!

Post by resolved »

it gets worse... the resellers of this item have 'reported' the postings on the discogs page pointing out that it's going to be released in january as factually incorrect so they can carry on hawking their overpriced wares...
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

It could have been our own Assemblage.
I remember his reply to that comment about the record being released officially in january, it was "Unfortunately NOT true!".
Seriously, it seems like this record brings out the worst in some people.
Assemblage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Assemblage »

I see the whole story rather objective.
Its one point that people take their advantage when buying this record at the store and selling it for five times as much online. But is the hype-crowd better when demanding the record before the official sales start without listening to it once? Therefore there is no difference to other records with an arpiar, kurbits, novel sound origin etc.

Its just simply the law of supply and demand and nothing else.
donas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by donas »

Assemblage wrote:Its just simply the law of supply and demand and nothing else.
haha not really
spreading false information in order to trick people into buying something isn't supply and demand it's just being a dck
Assemblage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Assemblage »

donas wrote:
haha not really
spreading false information in order to trick people into buying something isn't supply and demand it's just being a dck
Who spreads false information?
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

donas wrote:
haha not really
And so is buying up limited edition records with the only intention of selling them on for huge profit.
donas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by donas »

Assemblage wrote:Who spreads false information?
People who claim that the record won't be distributed worldwide as pointed out by resolved and breton. I was just saying that when people start doing this it's no longer just supply and demand, it's taking advantage of people's lack of information for personal gain....
also sure, it is stupid to buy a record for 50e without even listening to it... but by doing that you're not making profit off someone by being dishonest so there's a bit of a difference. so I thought your account of the situation wasn't particularly accurate and certainly not "objective" (if what breton said about your comment is true, I haven't actually seen it to be honest...)
And so is buying up limited edition records with the only intention of selling them on for huge profit.
Sure. But regardless of the fact it's not something nice to do, it does involve supply and demand no? Whereas doing it while lying to someone is just pure dishonesty
Last edited by donas on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

nah now its just funny, for every rv fanboy there is an axelfoley, i say let them find each other :D