[NS-07] Levon Vincent - Stereo Systems

- wax
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [NS-07] Levon Vincent - Stereo Systems

Post by resolved »

you're purposefully - and systematically - ripping people off who want a copy of the record.

the shop where you bought the records from in the first place, at retail price, is a business. you're a speculator, praying on something you claim to love to make a few extras euros off some guy who really wants the record but couldn't get a copy through the regular channel (precisely because of people like you buying multiple copies to rip them off). really, is it worth it? how about you get a better paid job so you don't need to rip people off?
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

labels need to press more copies. selling 300 copies of something when you could easy sell double that is creating this sort of behaviour.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

true, i suspect levon is pressing ~800-1000 of these though... he's just incredibly popular.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

ray parry wrote:labels need to press more copies. selling 300 copies of something when you could easy sell double that is creating this sort of behaviour.
totally agree.. that's also what i said to the guy in charge from sushitech when they made their boxes...

why do they have to advertize with words like "very limited, be fast, only 300 copies" and all that bla.. why not simply say "represses will be made, according to demand.."

this would kinda kill the profits of the discogs mafia..
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

resolved wrote:true, i suspect levon is pressing ~800-1000 of these though... he's just incredibly popular.
yeah. he could sell more though for sure. It was sold out within a week no? I went to buy a copy and couldnt find one :cry: all of his other stuff on discogs is expensive and it sells, so there is obviously a demand for it.
totally agree.. that's also what i said to the guy in charge from sushitech when they made their boxes...

why do they have to advertize with words like "very limited, be fast, only 300 copies" and all that bla.. why not simply say "represses will be made, according to demand.."

this would kinda kill the profits of the discogs mafia..
im sure labels/artists like the hype discogs brings them. they pretend they dont, but hardly any of them do anything about it. the only person suffering is the buyer. its just bad business to not provide enough copies for your customers.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ray parry wrote:It was sold out within a week no? I went to buy a copy and couldnt find one :cry:
http://www.halcyontheshop.com/products/ ... ovel-sound
http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/view ... p?id=37560
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

yeah i was a little bit put off by it saying they are all warped.