technical support A&H Xone 42/monitors

- open
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

technical support A&H Xone 42/monitors

Post by pastapiu »

Hi,

I have a problem with my sound at home. My set-up is two technics, two rokits 6 and a Allen & Heath Xone 42 mixer. Never had any problems with it, always works like a charm. However, now all of the sudden I have a problem with my sound. Continuously, one of the monitors is not working; when I switch the cables of the two monitors the sound switches to the other monitor. So I guess this might be a problem with one of the inputs in the mixer. Does this sound familiar to any of you? Any tips or should I look for a repair shop? Thanks for your time.

Cheers, Erik
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: technical support A&H Xone 42/monitors

Post by jackbrazzo »

swap the monitor out with another one. see if the problem continues. If you can do it with the KRK's and decks if you can.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

if you change monitors and the problem is still there, then its a mixer problem, only thing you can do is send it to repair.

EDIT: maybe something obvious, check the crossfader :D
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

I already swapped them to check and the sound changed from one monitor to the other. So it's not in the cables or the monitors. Guess I will have to find a repairshop.. Will check it again at home, thanks for your help!
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

pastapiu wrote:Continuously, one of the monitors is not working...
i assume you mean that it does work but more and more often one monitor stops working for a period of time..

if so, it sounds to me like it could be the cartridge.. plug it out of the tonearm then try to plug it in again very accurately...

gl
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

How old is your mixer? Are the master levels (left & right) even? If they are then it's probably not the cartridge. Does this happen with both decks or only one?

I had a similar problem with my Xone and it was because the monitor level pot was worn out. Try to fiddle with the monitor or master level a little bit and see if that changes anything? Also try to clean the linefaders and see if that helps.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Is it the same when you put a record on either deck?

Have you got another set of outputs on the mixer? Some mixers have monitor out and master out. Try the one you are not using if it has one. You probably need to get it fixed.
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

Mixer is just a few years old so that should not be the problem. Also thought it was a cartridge problem first as the problem started with with just one of the technics (left technic> 1 monitor, right technic> 2 monitors). However I have checked it using both technics and cartridges and the problem still occured. Also I have swapped the cables of the monitors and this just changed the monitor that was functioning (so no broken monitor).

But thanks for your help guys, I have already called to get the mixer checked. Will be back when the problem is solved!