[UNDERSTAND003] Rhadoo - Arhiva EP

- wax
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [UNDERSTAND003] Rhadoo - Arhiva EP

Post by ray parry »

the cover artwork costs money. i have pressed up full colour artwork and its pricey. i think the break even point was 600 records on full colour. how many are these guys pressing? 400? they need to jack up the price just to pay for the quality sleeve. added to that shipping and you have your high price. i just dont buy into all this about them jacking up the price because of hype. people that work in record shops are saying its because of shipping costs.
umit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by umit »

Well.. All of their records are well-known for being sold out quickly. Even for that price!. At least, as long as the hype is going (and that's what's happening right now.), selling out 300-400 copies doesn't seems to be that hard.. So limited pressing is not an excuse. Not nowadays!

On the other hand, I'm not feeling that lucky or special just because I'm among those chosen ones that could get their hands on one of those particular super-sonic records.. No.. I'm more feeling kinda fooled!. Well, call it free marketism or capitalism, I'm not in desperate need of their music.

Ohh.. and I would have prefered to get hand-numbered copies!

(BTW, Superlongevityfive was 1000 hand-numbered copies.)

All in all, they are smart businessman. Even that "1 per customer" thing reflects very well their strategy. Not to mention that "high prices are due to the distance" blah blah.. That's not my problem.

For me, all of these excuses are ridiculous. Specially for a crew that is supposing to be Ferrari, or dream that they can be.

Just my 0.02 cents
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

roland wrote:
b-ran wrote: word. i ordered a second copy from there...cost almost 30$ canadian with shipping but i feel it will be a good investment.
that's douchey in my book.. ppl should make business and investments elsewhere.. keep it away from limited underground vinyl..

just my 2 cents
haha by investment i meant i'll have a backup copy of the record...i should have used a different word..im going to edit my post cause now i feel kinda bad..i did not mean it in this way...i don't sell any of my vinyl and don't plan on it unless i become super broke someday and am desperate...lol
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

they should just press 500-700 records, like everyone else with a big fanbase, limited pressings are ok for a new label with no fanbase so that the risk of lossing lot of money is low... but if rhadoo presses 300 records thats just laughing at the idiots who wait the whole day for the 10 minutes were juno have their 20 copys in stock..

also if they would press more, discogs prices would be low, and they would make lot more money with the records but also everyone who likes has the chance to get the record. i call that win-win-win !
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Themis wrote:they should just press 500-700 records, like everyone else with a big fanbase, limited pressings are ok for a new label with no fanbase so that the risk of lossing lot of money is low... but if rhadoo presses 300 records thats just laughing at the idiots who wait the whole day for the 10 minutes were juno have their 20 copys in stock..

also if they would press more, discogs prices would be low, and they would make lot more money with the records but also everyone who likes has the chance to get the record. i call that win-win-win !
so true! If you have that kind of a fanbase, 700 records would also sell out in a few days, so the records would still be limited in a sense, but not as extreme as now.

As the record concerns: the B-side is really great!
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Kiani wrote:
Themis wrote:they should just press 500-700 records, like everyone else with a big fanbase, limited pressings are ok for a new label with no fanbase so that the risk of lossing lot of money is low... but if rhadoo presses 300 records thats just laughing at the idiots who wait the whole day for the 10 minutes were juno have their 20 copys in stock..

so true! If you have that kind of a fanbase, 700 records would also sell out in a few days, so the records would still be limited in a sense, but not as extreme as now.
agree since we talked about this last. they would sell those 700 quite easily...but i guess that's how they want to do things..
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

freebase had this, its sold out... did juno have it already??? i think the fucking email alert didnt work .... DID I REALLY MISS THIS BITCH ?!
JasperW89
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JasperW89 »

junger wrote:freebase had this, its sold out... did juno have it already??? i think the fcking email alert didnt work .... DID I REALLY MISS THIS BITCH ?!
Try kristina records, maybe they still have it in stock. Everywhere else sold out...