modular etc etc

- ask away
jacksonick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: modular etc etc

Post by jacksonick »

ekwipt wrote:I have been very slow on this but now have a OSC303 and Cyclonix Cycle box.

No case and no more modules yet :D

I know what I want so I'm just saving or selling things.

Watch this space!
What are you going to get next?
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Hi everyone.

what option would you recommend for patch cords? [besides doepfer ones]. i mean regular male-male.

thanks
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

jacksonick wrote:
ekwipt wrote:I have been very slow on this but now have a OSC303 and Cyclonix Cycle box.

No case and no more modules yet :D

I know what I want so I'm just saving or selling things.

Watch this space!
What are you going to get next?
PEG, Corgasmatron, unify, Exit strategy

After that new 303 filter, maybe some Arp modules and hen work on sequencing

I've got my Kenton and numerology to cover me till then.

Try and stick to 9u over the next couple of years LOL
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

isaaclevy wrote:Hi everyone.

what option would you recommend for patch cords? [besides doepfer ones]. i mean regular male-male.

thanks
the cheapest ones i think are Ad Infinitum, but by far the best are Analogue Systems, they have memory (they stay bent in the shape you want) and are very thin with small jacks. this is really important to keep your cords out of the way for tweaking, the Ad Infinitum ones are all thick and floppy and drape all over the place.

I totally swear by the AS ones, even though they are a bit more expensive.

also TipTop stackcables are an absolute must, they are expensive and hard to get hold of at the minute, but they are totally indespensible to me, saves having multis all over the place.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

thanks a lot.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

I would like to ask here this:

I have 300 Eur. i can invest. [it is now or it will leak untill they're gone in something else.]

i am starting a modular, by now i have MFB Nanozwerg, Doepfer DARKENERGY, A-136, A-147, A-149-1, A-188-2 and A-199. [running on Ableton Live]

a am going crazy looking what to buy with this, i am sonsidering A-143-1 and A-109. i just dont know what would be a nice/wise addition.

any workds?

thnaks advanced.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

it's difficult to advise people without knowing their reasons for buying the modules they already have.

i only have one of those modules so i'm finding it hard to relate to your choices, it looks like theyre ancilliary modules to go with your semi-modulars, but can you explain why you bought those particular ones ? what is your overall plan ?
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

steevio wrote:it's difficult to advise people without knowing their reasons for buying the modules they already have.

i only have one of those modules so i'm finding it hard to relate to your choices, it looks like theyre ancilliary modules to go with your semi-modulars, but can you explain why you bought those particular ones ? what is your overall plan ?
almost without any knowledge i wanted to try analogue, and modular was on the aim, so thinking of that i decided to start with something i could expand or start with and continue further.

after tasting de darkenergy patched with the nanozwerg i wanted some modules to make some changes [changes on the sound], different to what the synth does by itself, with the "FX" prejudgement in me head, so i went for the traditional delay, reverb, distortion and gave it a try to the random voltages [which i like a lot, makes me so curious about sequencing], the VCLFO was intended to make synced modulation [the built in LFO's from the synth do not have reset option].

my overall plan is to create weird interesting sounds [things that are not easy to achieve ITB or with just a hard synth]. now i am kind of feeling the need to process a bit more the sound, i.e., i realize that i need a dedicated filter for the BBD's clock noise, and it gives me 2 outputs so a PAN module is interesting to me and the A-109 is both + VCA. I am also crazy to try a sequencer, the A-155 is between my eyebrows but i am using numerology at the moment so i dont know if to make the jump......i also dream of the day i could make even the simplest combination of sounds without depending onthe computer, but that is so far by now....

i am trying to make techno, or minimal techno, or whatever it is called, the truth is that i havent found "my sound" yet and with this little pieces of synth i have, i've discovered a lot of wonderful and interesting sounds and i know there is a lot more i dont even imagine.....