Korg Monotribe

- ask away
daunzila
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Korg Monotribe

Post by daunzila »

hey, im thinking about this Korg Monotribe http://www.korg.com/monotribe, sounds realy cool for the price, anyone has some imput about it?
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Korg Monotribe

Post by pafufta816 »

It's an amazing keyboard. I have it's smaller cousin the Monotron. I use my monotron on nearly all of my recordings. the ribbon keyboard is essentially garbage to me, it is too difficult to play anything "on key" as it is chromatic. it's great for making squeeling noises, but not for playing melodically. think of it more as an effect unit than a synth.

the strength of these monotribe/monotron filters is that they let you run external audio through them. they have identical filters to the classic Korg MS-10. the tones you can get range from deep pummeling bass tones to ear bleeding screeching resonance. i generally run some Android synth apps on my phone into the monotron, and run this into my laptops soundcard. this setup is highly portable and battery powered as well : ) (i went to a local park with a friend recently, we both busted out our smartphones and started rocking drum machine/synth apps, and trading off on who plugged into the monotron. it was seriously fun.)

i'd say buy one. if i had the cash i'd probably buy a monotribe, if i do have any $ in the future i'm getting the monotron/delay flavor. great for noise making, and as an effects unit. again you won't have much fun recording melodic stuff.
daunzila
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daunzila »

hmmm nice, i think ill get this one, sounds rly fun, in this price range u guys have some other thing i can try?
i love the step sequencer in this one, is one of the features im going after
and obviosly the mobility
thanks a lot for the imput mate!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the only other thing i can think of in the price range is the MFB Nanozwerg.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

mfb 522 is the same price range right?

I have a monotribe, mod'd out with midi going to do the decay/tune mods next. I love the thing.