Magda

Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I'm not so keen on her productions, but I definitely rate her as a dj. Every set I hear from her is weird, chunky, interesting. She always plays a bit different to the other djs, which is a good thing. She makes some mistakes mixing, but I think that's cos she is trying more difficult and more challenging techniques. Often a nice, smooth linear set with no "special moves" can be pretty boring. She's a dj, not a jukebox!!
Delano
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Delano »

I really like her lastest tracks and remixes, and I also dig her DJ sets...
Mistakes or not, her sound is sexy !

8)
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

:shock:
Last edited by peter glitch and crackle on Mon May 22, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

haha, you misspelled his name again.. It's Bruno ProNsato but whatever.. I guess you don't have time to read seeing as how you're so busy being the end all authority of all things electronica..

You're still making erroneous assumptions on the users here based on your personal opinions.. And it's kind of rude & elitist to sit here and tell us that we're morons for liking something you don't approve of and that we must be naive, inexperienced, & stupid as a result. Especially when you clearly aren't even reading other peoples posts thoroughly.

and for the record... NOBODY SAID BRUNO'S STUFF IN GENERAL IS HARD TO MIX... I don't know why you keep trying to hit that point home besides being able to boast about how much better you are.. I just said that about the A side of his philpot release and nothing else.. and if you don't notice it mr "10 years of experience," then you're the fool... It has a floppy snare that bounces all around and doesn't meld w/ 99.9% of any records I've ever heard.. It is commonly known as a flam... And don't waive your "I've got 10 years experience" ego around and then tell us we're all fools for liking Minus or Magda.. You're just being condescending and as you claimed yourself "a hater." It shouldn't be a surprise that people get defensive when you make offensive accusations and preach opinion like it's fact.. Get over yourself..

Not everyone is ever going to agree on everything.. Within that, lies the beauty.. If we all liked and mixed the same records, it would be pretty fucking boring.. I know I hear things all the time that I didn't care for but once I hear it in action it sells me.. or sometimes not.. Personally, I think Villalobos is all "hype." A lot more so than Magda at least.. but to each's own.. Theres nothing wrong w/ stating your opinion but saying that everyone else is a sucker is not condusive to getting your point across. You just come off as pretentious.

I think this thread explains the fascination w/ Magda fairly well. I don't think it'll sway your opinion because you seem to be settled w/ it.. But I think your question has been answered so stop talking like your better than everyone else here for not liking something..
nvrRvd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nvrRvd »

love magda, always a fresh sound

rc is soooo right on that she can add sexiness to a set like no other

She's been playing Bruno's philpot release :D
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

nvrRvd wrote:She's been playing Bruno's philpot release :D
Check & Mate
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:all i see on this site is cool things. cool talk , but there is also a huge element of hype perpetuation here and you should be aware of that , especially considering this is a conscious board.
i agree with you on that but unfortunetly in dj land everybody is your friend, and that is also infecting this board because there's a lot of people who know each other and they don't want to fck it up (i am not saying about this topic in particular, i am saying in general)
but we are getting a little bit of topic here, and people get offended when you are picking on an artist and you don't agree with them or when you put the touch of a big disagreement.
when you are just pointing facts and not attacking anyone in particular, people just fire up easily as it has happened to me in some other topics before
check it if you want...
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4789
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5127
i don't like to be saying this, but i recommend you (for your own sake) to stay on topic.
and i know it's NOT fair at all :(
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

MAGDA FOR QUEEN

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

:roll:
Last edited by peter glitch and crackle on Wed May 24, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.