Re: [ARPIAR 010] Priku - Bobohalma EP

Post by ray parry »

none on discogs yet then?
JasperW89
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JasperW89 »

ray parry wrote:none on discogs yet then?
Already sold out on juno and musichead so I guess we are gonna see some ridiculous prices there again...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

just talked again to the guy from music-head..

he said that on days where arpiar/stablo/understand stuff is getting released a lot of people create new accounts just to order that record.. by only giving records to "known" customers they wanna prevent that people buy just to sell it on discogs later..

so they are actually kinda cool and just want to deal with this fucking situation as good as possible..

since it seems that freebase will only sell directly in the shop it looks like music-head and juno will be the only places where one can buy stuff from those labels in the future..
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

just got my copy through juno. b side is really nice.
JasperW89
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JasperW89 »

ray parry wrote:just got my copy through juno. b side is really nice.
²
Definitely not disappointed by this release!

First copy up for sale :roll: : http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas ... 6068&ev=rb
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

no need to roll your eyes, you have your copy. ;)

I was going through a lot of my records last night and looking up their prices on Discogs. So many of them are like £30+, guess you just need to be super quick now.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ray parry wrote:no need to roll your eyes, you have your copy. ;)
ray parry wrote:
And about the 'why don't they press more records' question...my guess is that they are making a statement against the reification of consumer products and, more important, just want their music to end up with the people who truly love this music.
this makes no sense. people who truly love the music? people buy this label, to sell on Discogs. So you end up having to fight against people who are looking to make a quick buck. doesn't really come across as they are looking out for the music lovers. i suppose if you really cared about all true music lovers then you would release on all formats, not just ltd 12".
ray parry wrote:13.99 from juno for me.
jokers in dalstons kristina records want 17.99.

:lol:
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

breton wrote:
ray parry wrote:no need to roll your eyes, you have your copy. ;)
ray parry wrote:
And about the 'why don't they press more records' question...my guess is that they are making a statement against the reification of consumer products and, more important, just want their music to end up with the people who truly love this music.
this makes no sense. people who truly love the music? people buy this label, to sell on Discogs. So you end up having to fight against people who are looking to make a quick buck. doesn't really come across as they are looking out for the music lovers. i suppose if you really cared about all true music lovers then you would release on all formats, not just ltd 12".
ray parry wrote:13.99 from juno for me.
jokers in dalstons kristina records want 17.99.

:lol:
First time I have ever done it before to be honest with you. I do like the record, but not enough to keep it. Same goes for that other Vlad one, its cool but would rather have stuff I am going to play. With the profit i make from this i will buy 5 more records. win for arpiar, win for 5 new labels, win for record store i buy my new records from. bad for the slow buyer :P Kristina Records in Dalston still have copies ;)

I wonder how much to blame these sorts of threads are.... -boom