FM Synthesis

- ask away
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: FM Synthesis

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

Wow thanks! I have that "Complete DX7 manual" as a PDF as well so i guess theres some tips in there.

I've also been starting small makin simple sounds and so on.

Tried to make a hihat, with a carrier and two modulators that sounded ok, but it gets a ton of movement in a lower frequency then the one i put as a fixed frequency for the carrier. How does this happen? Do the modulators add lower harmonics as well? Is there a way to avoid this? Or should i get a filterbank since the tx802 dosen't have filters (at least i haven't found any filters)?
Toloache
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Toloache »

Dunno about your synth specifically, but in general, the more the ratio of the modulators is high, the less lower frequency you have, and viceversa! At least it's like this in fm 8 and operator
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

AK wrote:
luco wrote:
AK wrote:
luco wrote:FM Synthesis is overated. -smurf
Don't you get bored with these one-liners? Is there anything interesting you could start adding to your posts?
derp

Ok but why? :? I don't want to offend I'm just feckin baffled. :lol:

people think fm is the butter for there toast the sugar for there tea the antidandruff shampoo for there dandruff..... its just a noise stop beating around the bush and beleieving that anyone gives a fuk about about music sounds or prodution in the big money leugues its full of mongo's sort of people who buy jml products and buy cloth from jackamo who just see an image......ppfffff
Last edited by luco on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

thats why put a donk on it and crazy frog blitz'd everyone or no sory they didnt u did with your shitty drumed minimal sh!t
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Dude can you fck off and go troll some other board already? Your "sh!t for brains" posts are annoying and contribute nothing. DO MODERATORS EVEN MODERATE THIS BOARD?!