[ML017] MONOLAKE - Plumbicon Versions I

- wax
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Heard it in full finally... not as good as I thought... what I said before stil holds though.

I've never heard any monolake that actually sounded like a finished piece.. it always sounds like it's just cut from the middle of a live performance.. no structure.. and just twiddling with fx and stuff.

The sleeparchive rmx is cool... not amazing... i can't listen without laughing everytime I hear the att&t/belllabs voice though.
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

adam wrote:I've never heard any monolake that actually sounded like a finished piece.. it always sounds like it's just cut from the middle of a live performance.. no structure.. and just twiddling with fx and stuff.
Have you listened to Interstate from start to finish.? It was the last monolake album recorded with Gerhard Behles as a full on participant in the project. It's great! Really lush & a completely seminal techno 'album' for me. I feel like Henke took a long time to get back into full stride after this change, I do rather like the most recent album though; while Gravity and Momentum were a bit weak, Polygon Cities is quite strong.

,g
John
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by John »

I really enjoy Monolake. He's been doing this for years and a lot have followed in his footsteps. I wish more people made more music in the same vein. :)
TAMPOPO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TAMPOPO »

Robert Henke is a top artist and seems to be a very funny guy (saw some videos with him talking sh!t about a controller he made for Abelton's Live!).
Plumbicon rocks. I really prefer the original version even if the Osaka one has a strong live feeling - guess it was really intense there. Sleeparchive's one... well, still prefer the original piece.

Quite interesting what Adam says about the feelings he has about the Monolake's music... I do share this opinion sometimes. Maybe it's because Monolake is an abstract mistery of a groove! That's why we love it!
Tampopo Hiri Hiri !!!
The Noodleworld is rocking on chili...