- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Your "studio"

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:
How do you find the Alpha Juno?

I have been thinking about getting one but I'm wondering if I'd be disappointed.

How do you manage to make use of your Elektron gear? Do you have to sit on the floor when programming those?
alpha Juno isn't plugged in. I'd probably sell it if somebody offered the right price. But it sounds cool. Has that whathe? Sound in it... So it's kinda nostalgic I guess. I just have those other synths in use all the time. Which is really plenty.

The gear is about the right hit for me to sit on my drum throne and work on the electrons. It's just where the keyboard stands overlap that it sucks.

I used my iPhone and flickr to change the sizes of my images.

Opuswek. Cables suck. I just use a bunch of Velcro. Just the double sided rolls when I want to tie some cables together i cut a peice off and im good... also I prefer colored cables. I will only buy those from now onmakes it so much. Easier to do routing.

Nice house Stevio. Looks like you will be the only one with enough space for monitors. Just About everyone has awkward monitor placement here. :( but its no surprise. Space isn't cheap.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
twisted-space
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-space »

Opuswerk wrote:Anyone has good tips for cable management?

Use more plugins. :)
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Will take a picture when I have tidyed up, electronics everywhere at the moment -surprised flower
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Phase Ghost wrote:Nice house Steevio! I'd love to restore a home one day. When my girlfriend finally twists my arm hard enough to take her "European vacation", I'll swing out for a visit. Can only imagine the trek out there. Looks like you're on the side of a mountain. :D
do it bro,

yeah its in the mountains, south facing slope of a deep valley, but not much of a trek to get there, the main road that runs through the centre of Wales is only 1 mile away, but i suppose in US terms its a cart-track :D
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Here are some old pics of the two setups... one live room one dead.

Not pictured is another rhodes (72 teachers edition), modular effects unit (think drone), few guitars (67 gretsch viking bigsby half-hollow being the cream of the crop) few bass guitars, tons of amps, QSC club system in the big room, 2 18inch subs, and 2 stacks (dual 15s) ... a bunch of other stuff.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

steevio wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:Nice house Steevio! I'd love to restore a home one day. When my girlfriend finally twists my arm hard enough to take her "European vacation", I'll swing out for a visit. Can only imagine the trek out there. Looks like you're on the side of a mountain. :D
do it bro,

yeah its in the mountains, south facing slope of a deep valley, but not much of a trek to get there, the main road that runs through the centre of Wales is only 1 mile away, but i suppose in US terms its a cart-track :D

gotta say I always imagined you living in a badass place like that haha.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Cool setup Live!

Looks like a fun place to jam out. Love those Iron Cobra drum pedals. My friend has a set on his kit.
SafeandSound
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by SafeandSound »

Here is a picture of my set up:

SafeandSound Mastering
http://www.masteringmastering.co.uk/onl ... ering.html