IS this forum dying?

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: IS this forum dying?

Post by jackbrazzo »

absolutely John - Probably as a result of less DJ's and more producers that DJ. Great section I agree.

Where have you been John I havent see you post much recently? Or maybe I am blind :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

simonb wrote:The production forum here is definitely the most intelligent, thoughtful music production forum I know. Even "how do I make techhouse bass?" threads are answered helpfully with only a little disdain ;)
i think gearslutz is an intelligent forum, maybe too intelligent for it's own good sometimes. i like how it's a bit more general production over there and not so genre specific.

but apart from that all the other production forums i've come across have been pretty bad.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

jackbrazzo wrote:absolutely John - Probably as a result of less DJ's and more producers that DJ. Great section I agree.

Where have you been John I havent see you post much recently? Or maybe I am blind :)
naw...or perhaps your intuitive.. I've been keeping a distance from too much online activity, and way more energy into musical out put.. I dip online here and there and will always check out new mixes for inspiration and/or to see what other folks may be currently pushing as to sound wise.. attempting to write tracks in reason destroyed my creative process for nearly 4 years or more.. * finally in a tranquil place / updated computer / equipment / and creative emotions flowing like a river.. I really hope 2012 is a good year. after all.. it's the year of the dragon... lol. * Chinese zodiac sign
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

john clees wrote:attempting to write tracks in reason destroyed my creative process for nearly 4 years or more.. * finally in a tranquil place / updated computer / equipment / and creative emotions flowing like a river..
Interesting how that can happen eh, I just moved from Ableton to Renoise in the last few weeks and my enjoyment and creativity are skyrocketing...