Luciano prepares new mix cd

- open
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Luciano prepares new mix cd

Post by ray parry »

roland wrote:
PsyTox wrote: as for Luciano: sure it looks daft with all the sunglasses and the nobodies trying to look like somebody, but he's just about the only one who can make me dance like crazy on this kind of music. Heard him two times in Ibiza and that simply fits perfectly. You're in open air, sun on your face, cocktail in hand, gorgeous women all around, the last thing you are thinking about is "I wish they'd play some dark, depressing minimal techno here, that would be ace".

For eevry venue there's a right kinda music. luciano belongs in the open air summer vibes. And the man has a lot of fun doing his job and he doesn't take himself serious at all (he was actually reposting that "luciano cadenza dance" everywhere) so he has a sense of humor. Unlike many serious chin stroking bearded music fans :)
i could never dance to this tool house crap where every track sounds like the other synced with cheesy vocals from the 80's.. that's unambitious cheap music which doesn't get better just because it's an open air party or a party on ibiza with lots of girls around.. and there is definitely something between this stuff and dark, depressing minimal techno..
i guess you never heard him closing dc10 back then cause that fitted perfectly :D

+1

3 people in this thread love the cheese! :oops:

So becuase the sun is out and its open air its ok to play cheese? If you like that then cool, but dont try and convince urself that its anything other then cheese.

I have heard plenty of decent sets outside in the open air that dont consist of cheesy music.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Cheese is vital part of the french culture!
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Not the biggest Luciano fan (more a 'just doesn't do it for me'), but now and then a bit of cheese can be a good thing. I will also admit that my tolerance for cheese / fluff tends to go up greatly if I am at an outdoor daytime event. Sun on your face, cocktail in hand - the event starts to become more of a 'having fun outside with friends, chilling at the side and talking, dancing a bit'. The overall vibe at daytime parties tends to be far different than evening/after-hour parties. Music can go from being #1 on my list of reasons to be there, down to #2 or #3. With being with friends taking spot #1, and being outdoors being spot #2.

If I'm going to a club/after hours - the music tends to always be my #1 reason for going out, and I get far pickier in what I'm willing to pay for, and my tolerance for cheese gets really low. I don't have the enjoyment of being outside with the sun on my face to make up for the fact that the music might not be blowing my mind.