Potential synth purchases. Would like some advice

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Potential synth purchases. Would like some advice

Post by AK »

Damn you guys. I'm getting both, stuff it. I have made contact with one of the guys selling one of the SH-2's and started that ball rolling. The 101 is being delivered either later today or early in the morning. That deals done and dusted and I got money off the original asking price. I'm happy with that

I read both synths can coexist and I'm always going to be able to sell one of them on again and not lose out if it came to that. With that in mind, it does look too cool a monosynth to pass by.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

have fun!

sh101 is a great sounding synth with arpeggiator and i always hear good things about those earlier roland units.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Looks like tomorrow for the 101, didn't realise the banks were shut today so can't get the cash out! :roll:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

getting both seems like a good idea.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

What's the leads I'm gonna need to connect it up to the converter on the bass station?

The rear panel of the bass station has this:

1. Clock Out
2. CV OUT
3. GATE OUT

They are all 1/4 inch jack size sockets, no idea what's on the 101 ( 3.5mm? by the look of it ). Just wondering what I'm looking for when ordering. I'm here at the moment: http://www.systemjsynthesizers.co.uk/sh ... hop_param=

Just standard 3.5mm to 1/4 jack?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Well it arrived this morning ( the 101 ) the synths fine and in good nick, the odd mark here and there but you have to look hard to even see those, everything else I own is probably marked which says something for a 30yr old synth. There is one issue, the PSU is a replacement PSU and it creates some noticebale noise, hum/hiss/crackly type stuff. When it sits there with the main volume right down, you can hear it, I tested the synth for internal errors by outputting to headphones ( co's my mixer is a bit hissy ) and popping in 6 batteries, then it's absolute dead silence. It's not a massive complaint but before I seek out a new PSU, I need to know if I can use compromised or whether there is something in particular to get?

How longs the battery life in the 101?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

scrap that. boss psa
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

there was another thread about this same issue. cant remember which one.

go for boss if you can get one, otherwise a universal is fine ( old type, not modern lightweight switching PSU ) both mine run on universals no probs.

tip -take the batteries out and dont ever put them in again.