modular etc etc

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by Phase Ghost »

steevio wrote: it sets the start of the pitch envelope, but the fundamental is one frequency.
Hmmm...That sucks then. If you can't tune the thing, no way I'm getting it (wasn't terribly interested in the 808 kick anyways).

Hopefully the 909 will have a pitch knob.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Phase Ghost wrote:
steevio wrote: it sets the start of the pitch envelope, but the fundamental is one frequency.
Hmmm...That sucks then. If you can't tune the thing, no way I'm getting it (wasn't terribly interested in the 808 kick anyways).

i doubt it, the original didnt.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

just tune everything to the kick.
graham
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by graham »

steevio wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:

Surely you can get another module that you can send the audio to that will do the pitch shifting?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tone-def wrote:just tune everything to the kick.
that would get well monotonous

i usually have at least three different kick tunings in a live set.

you can sort of get away with it with the 909, cos its a big thud, but the 808 is such a tuneful beast
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

graham wrote:
steevio wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:

Surely you can get another module that you can send the audio to that will do the pitch shifting?
thats not the way you do things with analogue, thats a digital technique, sure there's digital modules that could do it, but you'd totally lose the power and quality of sound. you need a CV input on the kick module at least to change its pitch.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

steevio wrote:
tone-def wrote:just tune everything to the kick.
that would get well monotonous

i usually have at least three different kick tunings in a live set.

you can sort of get away with it with the 909, cos its a big thud, but the 808 is such a tuneful beast
yeah i agree. if i got this module i don't think i'd use it all the time but it would be nice to have around.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

kicking myself for not starting the modular.. haha... i want that 808 module badly.

i still don't understand the modular, how do you route the audio back into the computer? what about setting up multiple midi/cv converters if you want to trigger multiple sources such as the 808 module and maybe some other drum kits. Did i gloss over the module threads too much to not pick up this info?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest