Post by steevio »

has any got a kick lancet ?

is it any good ?
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: kick lancet

Post by Rein »

not the kick lancet, but i've got the vermona drm1 mk3. the kick lancet has some extra features to fatten things up a bit, which is very nice. i'm running the kick through a blackstar tube amp at the moment, which gives some incredible fat kicks. but you have to experiment a bit with the settings, as 95% percent of the sounds coming out of the thing are useless as kick... with some good tweaking you can get a nice midrange boom or something more subby and deeper. the tweakability is great and it has a great sound in general.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Rein wrote:not the kick lancet, but i've got the vermona drm1 mk3. the kick lancet has some extra features to fatten things up a bit, which is very nice. i'm running the kick through a blackstar tube amp at the moment, which gives some incredible fat kicks. but you have to experiment a bit with the settings, as 95% percent of the sounds coming out of the thing are useless as kick... with some good tweaking you can get a nice midrange boom or something more subby and deeper. the tweakability is great and it has a great sound in general.
its quite normal i think for only a small percentage of settings to work as a kick, they only work within a narrow set of parameters.
its tuning i'm most concerned about, i'm using an Mbase 01 at the moment which is ok but doesnt tune accurately in an analogue way, the controls are too digital. i need hyper accurate tuning.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

steevio wrote:
Rein wrote:not the kick lancet, but i've got the vermona drm1 mk3. the kick lancet has some extra features to fatten things up a bit, which is very nice. i'm running the kick through a blackstar tube amp at the moment, which gives some incredible fat kicks. but you have to experiment a bit with the settings, as 95% percent of the sounds coming out of the thing are useless as kick... with some good tweaking you can get a nice midrange boom or something more subby and deeper. the tweakability is great and it has a great sound in general.
its quite normal i think for only a small percentage of settings to work as a kick, they only work within a narrow set of parameters.
its tuning i'm most concerned about, i'm using an Mbase 01 at the moment which is ok but doesnt tune accurately in an analogue way, the controls are too digital. i need hyper accurate tuning.
the pitch control is 100% analog, like everything else. the knob is very accurate, but on the vermona drm1 the pitch range is way to big, so you have to be really really careful with the knob tuning. can be a bit frustrating for some, but should be no problem when you're used to it.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

yeah the pitch knob is very sensitive on the DRM-1 but you can get accurate tuning. once you get it in tune it stays there too. i wouldn't say 95% of it's sounds are useless for kicks but the pitch knob has a really wide range not really needed for kicks.

i'll be getting the kick lancet sometime next year. it's different from 909 and 808 but has still got plenty of punch and booooom!
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

tone-def wrote:yeah the pitch knob is very sensitive on the DRM-1 but you can get accurate tuning. once you get it in tune it stays there too. i wouldn't say 95% of it's sounds are useless for kicks but the pitch knob has a really wide range not really needed for kicks.

i'll be getting the kick lancet sometime next year. it's different from 909 and 808 but has still got plenty of punch and booooom!
yeah 95% is a bit too much but nevertheless...

@steevio: do you want to use it in live situations? i used it a few times and it's great, but i wouldn't dare to touch the pitch knob during a set... so that's a thing to consider.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yeah this is the problem, this is why i asked about it, its no good to me if the control covers too much range.

i only need it to go from about 33Hz up to 80Hz max, so that i can accurately tune in the kick to my modular.

i can do it with the modular in which case using an attenuator i could have the range exactly as i want it, but it would require alot of modules to get what i wanted ( or an expensive one like the Cwejman BLD )

i suppose the kick lancet could easily be modified with an attenuator added for changing the range.
they probably should think of these things when they design them.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

double post