Want to buy... Jupiter 6

- ask away
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Want to buy... Jupiter 6

Post by lem »

Big floor trance needs big floor hoovers.

Dysons are nothing on my Henry
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

what do people see in Henrys ?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

lem wrote: -smurf
sorry, misterpreted you.

right now, I have a simple voltage digital hybrid oscillator running into a simple filter, which then runs into a vacuum tube distortion/ring mod, which is using a vacuum tube vco as the carrier signal. This goes into a vacuum tube filter. This sound is unbelieveably dense.

over the top of this is just a simple single vco being very well sequenced by a modular version of a 303 sequencer.

i'm just doodling and am missing some stuff to come back from repair but right now I'm totally happy and have no need or room for a big thick polyphonic synth sound.

That's just me. I could loose a week inside a Jupiter and be totally impressed, but after that I'd begin to tire of it's limitations.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

oblioblioblio wrote:
lem wrote: -smurf
sorry, misterpreted you.

right now, I have a simple voltage digital hybrid oscillator running into a simple filter, which then runs into a vacuum tube distortion/ring mod, which is using a vacuum tube vco as the carrier signal. This goes into a vacuum tube filter. This sound is unbelieveably dense.

over the top of this is just a simple single vco being very well sequenced by a modular version of a 303 sequencer.

i'm just doodling and am missing some stuff to come back from repair but right now I'm totally happy and have no need or room for a big thick polyphonic synth sound.

That's just me. I could loose a week inside a Jupiter and be totally impressed, but after that I'd begin to tire of it's limitations.
Probably better suited to the modular thread, but how well do the tube VCO's track? Always wondered if they were worse...
I would love to work with some of you modular guys one day.
steevio wrote:what do people see in Henrys ?
Complete guess, but easy to fix? I often see them at hospitals and schools quite a lot. I remember seeing a price for one and thinking 'how much!' they arn't cheap so I am going to go with cheap to maintain.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

lem wrote:
Probably better suited to the modular thread, but how well do the tube VCO's track? Always wondered if they were worse...
lol, they don't track, they punch you over and over again in the face whilst laughing at your feeble attempts to tune them to the pitch that you want. and then when you finally recover from the pumelling you receive they change their mind, laugh at you and the tuning is lost once more.

but they sound bigger than anything else you could possibly imagine.

metasonix made a module designed to make the tube respond to midi, but it won't work for CV (and it's bloody expensive). I just use unquantized sequencers and hope they're in a good mood.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

who wouldn't want a hoover with eyes stuck on it? the kids love them.

Henry is more than a hoover. he's a friend too.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lem wrote:
Complete guess, but easy to fix? I often see them at hospitals and schools quite a lot. I remember seeing a price for one and thinking 'how much!' they arn't cheap so I am going to go with cheap to maintain.
come on bruv its the cute little face and you know it, innit
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

haha tony beat me to it