i just got my first dubplate ever

- ask away
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: i just got my first dubplate ever

Post by Casanova808 »

steevio wrote:this is such a bizarre thread, not much of it makes any sense, i hope it doesnt put people off getting dubplates done.

for the record there is no reason why a dubplate should sound much different to the original recording if it is done by a good cutting room. all the dubplates ive ever had done sounded almost exactly like the original file, with no mastering at all, and they were mostly done in shady cutting rooms in garages down dark alleys in South London, no appointment necessary, just queue up with the other bruvs.
quality control departments / getting your money back - you're 'aving a larf innit
Stories like this are exactly what makes me sad about the conversion to digital DJ'ing. Vinyl isn't cheap or convenient, but it makes for a great fucking story.
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

loureed wrote:it sounds CLICKY to me
this is from a pretty regarded place too... engineer said he didn't run it through anything what would make it seem compressed

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwbys2evem4wphc

ive had the record for 8 hours and i've already tried 5 different sound systems and didn't like it ON ANY OF THEM :x out of daw it sounds fat and raw... needless to say im so fcking sick of the song im going to throw up

friends say it sounds a little funny but they don;'t know what they;'re talking about
your opinions?
I'm i right in saying a dubplate vinyl wears decadently after numerous discotheque revolutions :-sta
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

luco wrote:
loureed wrote:it sounds CLICKY to me
this is from a pretty regarded place too... engineer said he didn't run it through anything what would make it seem compressed

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwbys2evem4wphc

ive had the record for 8 hours and i've already tried 5 different sound systems and didn't like it ON ANY OF THEM :x out of daw it sounds fat and raw... needless to say im so fcking sick of the song im going to throw up

friends say it sounds a little funny but they don;'t know what they;'re talking about
your opinions?
I'm i right in saying a dubplate vinyl wears decadently after numerous discotheque revolutions :-sta
Yes. It's acetate. Burning a CD would be the best thing to do unless your super against CDJ's or some sh!t.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

my first dubplates lasted about 30 plays till they started sounding rougher.
however;
i have had some dubplates cut on a hand built machine based around a technics 1210, and they dont use acetate, they use vinyl, and they last as long as a normal record, and believe it or not they sound pretty good.

i live near a small town in the middle of nowhere, and by pure chance there was a guy in town with one of these machines, they are built by some guy in germany. unfortunately he decided to sell it (£2500), and i just didnt have the money at the time ( i really regret not getting the cash together now)

he ended up selling it to a guy in Bristol who already had one the same, i can find out who this guy is if anyone on the UK is interested.