Studio Monitor Upgrade

combination thread.
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Studio Monitor Upgrade

Post by hNRk »

Hey!

im currentley working with the yamaha hs 80 and im thinking about upgrading to something in the range of adam a8...

do you think its worth investing in order to improove the productions?

what monitors do you use?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Studio Monitor Upgrade

Post by hydrogen »

I love my yammies. :) what don't you like about them?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hNRk »

well i am just wondering how much of difference it makes to upgrade to higher quality monitors and wanted to get some opinions on that issue.

besides i think the hs 80 arent that clear in the mids and dont bring out the low end very well..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

what i can say about my adam a7, they are crystal clear in the highs. its really a pleasure. though i use them for spinning, and not for production. (cause i dont produce not cause they are in any way bad)
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

hNRk wrote:well i am just wondering how much of difference it makes to upgrade to higher quality monitors and wanted to get some opinions on that issue.

besides i think the hs 80 arent that clear in the mids and dont bring out the low end very well..

:-sadflower Your not going like this=================> keep going=================> production technique over monitor upgrade. this place is erie (-)
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Whatever you do, get something that has good bass. There's no way I'd have anything under 8". If you do get something under 8, get a sub too. I've listened to Genelec's, Mackie's, KRK's, Yahmaha, Behringer and I have Samson rubicon's. Honestly, the genelec's were my least favorite. I know, blasphemy, right? The Mackie's bumped the best probably. It's more than possible to mix down a track on probably any set out there $500.00 a set and up. Learning how to listen to your set of monitors and know what's going on is probably the most important thing.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

adam are very nice but they do have problems with the build quality. 2 of my friends had to send theirs back because they broke within the first 3 months.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

In contrast to what phase ghost said, I'd avoid 8" woofers if you are in a small room, when the low end is overwhelming, you can't hear sh!t else. Monitors are really only as good as the room you put them in, maybe treat your room and/or give some thought into what monitors would sensibly work in them. I could spend thousands on top flight monitors but it's not gonna mean jack sh!t if my room is terrible. And currently, it probably is. :lol: