I just deleted everything

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I just deleted everything

Post by Phase Ghost »

Well, not just now, but last night. I had about 100 folders worth of songs from the last few years and I grabbed any interesting samples or sounds I made from each folder and deleted the rest. All the recordings, logic files, exs samplers presets, everything. Gone.

Also, I meant to save 10 songs or so that I didn't have recorded, but I accidentally got rid of those too. :shock: Oh well.

It feels nice to start with a fresh slate and not worry about tweaking or finishing old tracks.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I just deleted everything

Post by steevio »

awesome mate.

theres nothing more inspiring than starting from scratch.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I often wonder how I'd react if my harddrives were stolen or destroyed. Would I give a fck or not?
I reckon it'd be a mixture of anger and relief!

U could try to recuperate the lost files tho with software?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

I know the feeling. I find it great to have a nice clean install. I keep looking at my old hard drive and thinking one day I'll transfer the files and samples from it. Then I start a new song instead.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

that happened to me once when my girlfriend threw my laptop off the roof of a building, i think she was jealous of it
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have started from scratch a few times.

There has only been the one time where I wished I kept a track as when I heard it back a few years later from a friend who still had it.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I just got a new mac so it's the perfect time for a fresh start. I've deleted all my old tracks, most of which were unfinished and my sample collection. Not doing any serious music for so long has given me a lot of time to think about what I'm doing and I wasn't happy with the way my music was going. It was all a bit melodic and feel good house music, which is all very nice and polite but now it's time for me to return to the dark side.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I am about to build a mini live studio setup, away from the computer screen. Just a digital drum machine, synth, a few reverbs and jam with it. Modular is going to have to wait until I sort my life out!