vsts , vsts

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: vsts , vsts

Post by hydrogen »

::BLM:: wrote:for all them reason heads out there, you can now get the subtractor in reaktor. it comes with a better filter as well.
Which one are you talking about? I think this has been Out for sometime?

Using mainly hardware for sounds and vst to mix.

I'm constantly reading gearslutz and KvR to see what's new. But I just picked up guitar rig 5 from that native instruments deal. I'm loving it.

I actually have too many VSTs now. But if I had to choose one with my daw it would be sonimus Satson and use lives internal plugins.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

lem wrote:
tone-def wrote:
lem wrote:
tone-def wrote:I did like some of the logic instruments and effects but the workflow is not for me. I would have stuck with Pro Tools but I don't like the way they do business so with regret I'm moving to my 3rd DAW in 3 years!
I like the Logic plugs, but I have been learning Ableton recently and tried to use Logic and it all seemed really difficult! After a good 12 months learning the thing!
You got it bad tho, 3 daws in 3 years. It's like you attract the wrong type! :lol:

Whats wrong with Digidesign, just outta intrest? Maybe you should just get an Octatrack or something?
The problem with digidesign is they want over £300 just for a software update! Don't get me wrong I think it's the best software out there but I don't want to pay those kind of prices every couple of years. It's cheaper to switch!

I just don't the octratrack and I hate external midi. When I start buying hardware in a couple of months it's all going to be CV controlled with silent way.
£300, that does suck. But when I have stable software, I don't normally care about the new features offered in updates. I just hold off until really really great features come out. Which 90% of the time I never use anyway.

As much as I like to toy with the idea of playing exclusive modular, I don't think its gonna happen any time soon. Part of me also thinks that it's being done really well already so I need to expand on it with different gear.
My version of pro tools (LE 8 ) isn't compatible with the new mac. They have also started punishing customers who don't upgrade every time by charging them more. It's about £200 upgrade for PT9 users.
Last edited by tone-def on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote:Does anybody here use a software modular synth/environment. ( not including Reaktor or Max/MSP ) ?

Recently been looking at Vaz modular and Tassman. No idea which is better or whether they are actually any good altogether. Just d/l'd the demo for Tassman so I'll give that a whirl for a few hrs and see what it's like. Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on these, or whether there's anything else I might have missed. I know there's at least 2 more, Void and Karma fx system but none of those look that appealing to me.
Karma is much better than tassman. I tried the demo of tassman but didn't like it. Karma got really good reviews and now I have a DAW that can host VST I might give it ago. Not really sure I need another modular with Reaktor, Reason and plan for eurorack.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

tone-def wrote:
AK wrote:Does anybody here use a software modular synth/environment. ( not including Reaktor or Max/MSP ) ?

Recently been looking at Vaz modular and Tassman. No idea which is better or whether they are actually any good altogether. Just d/l'd the demo for Tassman so I'll give that a whirl for a few hrs and see what it's like. Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on these, or whether there's anything else I might have missed. I know there's at least 2 more, Void and Karma fx system but none of those look that appealing to me.
Karma is much better than tassman. I tried the demo of tassman but didn't like it. Karma got really good reviews and now I have a DAW that can host VST I might give it ago. Not really sure I need another modular with Reaktor, Reason and plan for eurorack.
I have just been trying out Tassman. It's ok but a lot of the default preset sounds are quite similar, esp. in the percussive section. There's some nice wooden/conga/fm kinda sounds but they all sound very samey. It would be pointless just getting it for those type of sounds ( even though I do like them ) The bass sounds didn't do anything for me at all, very hollow and odd, something just didn't feel right with them but I can't pinpoint it. Pads and ambient sounds are pretty decent but then I don't really use too much of those type of sounds. Gonna try that Karma out, I'm sure I read before that it was free.

Been eyeing up this too: http://www.defectiverecords.com/klee/index2.html
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

tone-def wrote: My version of pro tools (LE 8) isn't compatible with the new mac. They have also started punishing customers who don't upgrade every time by charging them more. It's about £200 upgrade for PT9 users.
Yeah that sucks balls man. It's a shame when you like it so much. But I know exactly what you mean, I bought that korg legacy collection the one with the MS20 controller. I bought an intel Mac, not compatible apparently! Then they wanted to charge me for each plugin! Bollox to that.
Not a good way to do business. Put me off using plugins that I love.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

lem wrote:, I bought that korg legacy collection the one with the MS20 controller. I bought an intel Mac, not compatible apparently! Then they wanted to charge me for each plugin! Bollox to that.
Lem!!! No way! They do work on osx! Get the new versions from the korg website. They no longer require the dongle.

Also, I can't get the wires to patch properly on my Ms20 controller korg... All it does is read when I plug a new cable in and it doesn't register When I take it out.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

hydrogen wrote:
lem wrote:, I bought that korg legacy collection the one with the MS20 controller. I bought an intel Mac, not compatible apparently! Then they wanted to charge me for each plugin! Bollox to that.
Lem!!! No way! They do work on osx! Get the new versions from the korg website. They no longer require the dongle.

Also, I can't get the wires to patch properly on my Ms20 controller korg... All it does is read when I plug a new cable in and it doesn't register When I take it out.
I don't think it was the cost of the dongle, they wanted me to buy upgrades for each plugin.
It wasn't osx they had trouble with, it is intel mac compatability - I seem to remember. I pretty much gave up on it tho.
Will have a looksee when I get a chance...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

lem wrote: It wasn't osx they had trouble with, it is intel mac compatability - I seem to remember. I pretty much gave up on it tho.
Will have a looksee when I get a chance...
you should be good as long as you know your korg user logins...
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/s ... up/faq.asp
Q1 I have the ANALOG EDITION 2007 or DIGITAL EDITION. Do I need to purchase individual software to use the latest versions again?
A1 No. You can download and use the software included in the KLC series you own.