Post by jessejames »

the best sample packs are available for free at Panda Express
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Making Groovy beats

Post by AK »

db pst
Last edited by AK on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Man, I just don't get this thread. Feckin stoopid, we need to all agree to disagree. But guys,, c'mon man, WTF, I'd rather hear music without a sample cd in sight. Why? because when you write your own music it has personality and emotive content.

Music is a gift, it means so much more than a word, music is for example: - my life. I AM music ( if that makes sense ) We are all actually music, ( I'm trying hard to be me and not the weed ) but guys, we ARE music, form is made from vibration, vibration creates form ( look at cymatics )

So any vibration creates a sound, ( don't forget sounnd creates form/matter )

Embrace music, embrace life, enjoy music, enjoy life, enjoy being creative, find yourself spiritually, be creative and artistic and love co's that's all we got.

Right, I'm stoned.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

AK wrote:Man, I just don't get this thread. Feckin stoopid, we need to all agree to disagree. But guys,, c'mon man, WTF, I'd rather hear music without a sample cd in sight. Why? because when you write your own music it has personality and emotive content.

Music is a gift, it means so much more than a word, music is for example: - my life. I AM music ( if that makes sense ) We are all actually music, ( I'm trying hard to be me and not the weed ) but guys, we ARE music, form is made from vibration, vibration creates form ( look at cymatics )

So any vibration creates a sound, ( don't forget sounnd creates form/matter )

Embrace music, embrace life, enjoy music, enjoy life, enjoy being creative, find yourself spiritually, be creative and artistic and love co's that's all we got.

Right, I'm stoned.
Firstly, LOL.
Second, I fully agree with you. If only more people thought like that then maybe our scene would be even more diverse than it is?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Man, I don't even remember typing that! :shock:
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:Man, I don't even remember typing that! :shock:
Its true you made a good point! :)

The thing is I use samples and they are essential to my music. I use tons of old break beats and layer them up. It would take me years hours to achieve this. For me its like a bunch of time capsules that I explode into new musical form completely.

I don't see the point of using modern sample discs of stuff that is really accessible. As a graphic design analogy, to me that feels like modern clipart where when i sample an old record its like using some old magazine or some wood type.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest