London

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: London

Post by ::BLM:: »

cool will let you know. we are doing them once a month now.

regarding gumtree, be careful not to get ripped off. so many fuckers on there ripping people off nowadays. really i think the best thing to do is find an area, then go to an estate agents.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

stick it on here...
i'd be up for going...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

cool... will do for the next one.
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

::BLM:: wrote:cool will let you know. we are doing them once a month now.

regarding gumtree, be careful not to get ripped off. so many fuckers on there ripping people off nowadays. really i think the best thing to do is find an area, then go to an estate agents.
Not sure about that, Estate Agents are probably the biggest scam artists ever lol (Ok, maybe not but they're pretty bad).
You just have to be careful and not go for the deals that seem ridiculously good... I mean we are in London after all. sh!t money buys sh!t.

Loot & Spareroom have helped me tons in the past! Sparerooms even does a speed flat dating event which I've heard is quite good.

Either way, good luck!
quelquechose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quelquechose »

If you know Glasgow, get in touch with Dave Clarke at Soma. He would be your obvious contact surely.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Cheers for the advice so far guys!

Wouldn't quite say I have a "loyal following" back home, I've just scored a few decent gigs over the years, nothing regular lately. Pretty hard to get anywhere with DJing up there, the scene's pretty saturated. Not that I'm saying London will be easier or anything, it's always a popularity contest really ;)

Been on Gumtree, Spareroom, etc and contacted quite a few people, not much luck so far but I'll keep at it. The short-term thing definitely makes it harder. If all else fails I know of a few free couches that could keep me going for a bit...

As for favourite DJs...the DJs/producers I've been quite into lately are Levon Vincent, Ben Klock, Margaret Dygas, Kassem Mosse, Actress, Seth Troxler, Martyn, Sandwell/Silent Servant/etc., Cosmin TRG, hmm hard to say who else, my mind always goes blank when I'm asked about my favourites... most stuff that's slightly on the deeper/darker side of techno and house, I guess.