steve jobs died ...

- open
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

steve jobs died ...

Post by junger »

wow, pretty shocking...

im not an apple fanatic, the only apple thing i own is a keyboard, but still this guy was a genius.

What ever he touched turned into gold... Would have loved to see his innovations a couple of more years.

R.I.P!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: steve jobs died ...

Post by patrick bateman »

Not so shocking in my opinion, but of course still very sad.

RIP
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

patrick bateman wrote:Not so shocking in my opinion, but of course still very sad.

RIP
no not shocking at all, but did you have to point it out?? -frown 2

R.I.P
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i don't understand the exaggerated adoration on news forums today.. after all he created and desgined mp3 players and phones in order to raise consumption.. it's not like he invented medicine for hiv or antibiotics.. anyway a very creative and inspiring person.. R.I.P

simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

roland wrote:i don't understand the exaggerated adoration on news forums today.. after all he created and desgined mp3 players and phones in order to raise consumption.. it's not like he invented medicine for hiv or antibiotics.. anyway a very creative and inspiring person.. R.I.P
Agreed. I've seen serious comments along the lines of "he changed the way we all live our lives!" or "he's up there with Einstein and Edison!"

I'm completely with you that he was a clever and inspirational person and it's sad to see him pass away at such an age, shame about the hyperbole though.
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

roland wrote:i don't understand the exaggerated adoration on news forums today.. after all he created and desgined mp3 players and phones in order to raise consumption.. it's not like he invented medicine for hiv or antibiotics.. anyway a very creative and inspiring person.. R.I.P

as said, im really not an apple fanboy and i did not sympathize with jobs alot after what ive read about him.

but it was a little bit more than creating mp3 players and phones... this guy was absolutely brilliant in everything he did. he started a revolution in computer and phone market. he raised pixar to the most succesfull animation movies company, created a software ( on his own, not with apple) that is now the soul of any apple device you use, and so on. regardless of the beginnings of apple. he pretty much defined the media use of at least a generation... hes was some kind of messiah for millions of people... thats the best marketing since the nazis i'd say.( i hope that was not inappropriate :), that said, he was a dictator somehow )

So no wonder he gets adoration, hes got exactly that for ages now. everytime he presented a new ipod or whatever....
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Vito wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:Not so shocking in my opinion, but of course still very sad.

RIP
no not shocking at all, but did you have to point it out?? -frown 2

R.I.P
Sorry that I reacted on the first post.
It will never happen again.
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

I've been watching some vids of him lately and he definitely seemed like quite a hard nut. It must have been scary to work with him!
Obviously when he was on a mission he didn't let anything stop him. Interesting character.