Moodyman VS Oliver $

- wax
joe987
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Moodyman VS Oliver $

Post by joe987 »

I know its not minimal but more along the house side of things but I imagine a fair few people have heard the Oliver $ track with the Moodyman vocals on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzV11AUobVg

This was released on digital a while back and got quite well known although very overplayed.

Now it seems either suppliers are getting confused or Moodyman has taken this track as it features so much of his own voice and released it himself but for £20 for a 3 track vinyl. If he has done this I'm guessing he is pretty pissed off with what Oliver $ did.

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/447084-mo-mood ... in-seattle

I may be totally wrong about it but it just seemed a bit odd!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Moodyman VS Oliver $

Post by Themis »

haha nice, he released olivers track under his name :D
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

It's bound to be a bootleg rather than an official KDJ. Someone on discogs said they contact Mahogani Music & was told it wasn't official - makes sense really all the tracks were readily available for making a booty. Can't believe it's gone for £20+ each time!!
joe987
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by joe987 »

What I mean is KDJ has bootlegged someone else's track because they used his voice sampled in it.

It was cheeky of Oliver $ to use so much of his voice but it is quite funny KDJ has just taken the track, pressed it and distributed it with such a mark up on price!
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

joe987 wrote:What I mean is KDJ has bootlegged someone else's track because they used his voice sampled in it
Yeah, but what i'm saying is it may not be KDJ's bootleg. The stores selling it are saying they got it from KDJ, Mahogani music say they didn't. It would be a bit ironic if KDJ had an issue with someone sampling him.
joe987
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by joe987 »

I see, I agree with you that he would be being a bit of a hypocrite!
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

I saw Moodyman in Brussels last week, and the djs after him began the set with that Oliver $ track!
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

LouisVee wrote:I saw Moodyman in Brussels last week, and the djs after him began the set with that Oliver $ track!
haha noobs