midi note not being recognized in Reason when rewired w Live

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

midi note not being recognized in Reason when rewired w Live

Post by mlexicon »

Ill make some midi note pattern in Reason and for some reason one of the notes at the start of the loop isnt picked up and played..
anyone else have or had that problem? Is there a fix, or is it something i just gotta deal with?

thanks
signatures suck
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: midi note not being recognized in Reason when rewired w

Post by tone-def »

you could bounce that track or just that bar and have it as an audio track in ableton.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

mlexicon wrote:one of the notes at the start of the loop isnt picked up and played..
haven't rewired anything since a lot of time but i would guess if reason is the master (is that possible?) it simply takes some time for one program to "trigger" the other you know? and a few milliseconds are just enough to miss the first 'note on' message. maybe try to delay everything in reason with a few ms, that should work. or use ableton as the master, this way the recording program will trigger the source and it shoulod be fine. thats if i get right what you say.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

abletons the master, its just an annoying glitch. its preventing me from playing reason and recording into ableton the way i want to. and delaying it wont work, i tried that already...the glitch just ignores the first midi note in a loop and messes up my pattern nomatter how close it starts to the start of the loop.
signatures suck
qfactor
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by qfactor »

Do you have the midi in Reason?? I've had this kind of issue before... the problem was that the first note was placed before the loop/clip starts. Reason show this outside of clip notes in blue when you are editing the clip.
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

I've experienced this issue as well. Haven't really searched for a proper solution before, I just accepted that's what happens and either put up with it or bumped the loop points back a fraction to where there isn't a note being triggered. I don't use this in a live situation though, so it's only an issue when I am looping a section while I edit it.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

qfactor wrote:Do you have the midi in Reason?? I've had this kind of issue before... the problem was that the first note was placed before the loop/clip starts. Reason show this outside of clip notes in blue when you are editing the clip.
yeah i know, thats not the problem either. Its clearly in the range of the loop. it only started happening in Reason 5.0

maybe it has something to do with the blocks option on the sequencer?
signatures suck
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

omnipresence wrote:I've experienced this issue as well. Haven't really searched for a proper solution before, I just accepted that's what happens and either put up with it or bumped the loop points back a fraction to where there isn't a note being triggered. I don't use this in a live situation though, so it's only an issue when I am looping a section while I edit it.

in on the prowl for a proper solution. ill post my findings when i find it :O
signatures suck