New Jupiter

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... 38&start=0

2 good filters in stereo is worth it's weight in gold. Seems like a waste but ends up being worth it cos you don't really need reverb or delay. just pure vibing phasey resonant space.

Macbeth doesn't come cheep but he doesn't fck around when it comes to sound and build quality.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i think his other filter is multimode too... that one is very pricey though.

this one is probably a bit better value overall.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

This is complete bollocks. Not enough knobs and sliders on this one, it would be like tweaking a vst but on a smaller display.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

really really excited about this one. :lol:
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

New Guy wrote:This is complete bollocks. Not enough knobs and sliders on this one, it would be like tweaking a vst but on a smaller display.
I honestly don't give much of a crap what the interface is on something as long as it sounds good i'll find a way to make it work. What i'm getting bored of is the analog craze really. Allot of the new analog stuff can not live up to the oldschool gear. Some of the newer digital gear is kicking the analog stuff in the ass in just the shear power of the sound like the Access Virus, the Yamaha Motif series, Korg M3 and my favorite the Kurzwiel PC3x. I haven't seen one piece of analog gear come out recently that can even come close to fucking with those in terms of shear presence of sound. That being said Roland is really hit or miss on digital gear. The new Juno synths are a joke, so is the Fantom but the Gaia and the SH-201 seem to cut through pretty good in a mix. Who know's this one might actually sound good but based on the price i'm not gonna fck with it unless it can keep up with some of the better stuff i mentioned.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

oblioblioblio wrote:analogue synthesis is a dying industry.

Component manufacture is dying... most of the companies that make the important components have retired or are focussing on what brings them cash, and analogue synthesis is just too small a market for any serious company to want to invest in making the parts for. Important components are being discontinued nearly every day, and it takes a company with big balls to invest in making their own chips. I wouldn't wait around for anyone to do it.
A lot of the the out of production components are just made up of matched transistors. The manufactures could be matching transistors rather than developing IC's that do the same thing.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

^^ thats true. The good news is that analogue will still be around, but it certainly means that we're not gonna see cheap but high quality devices like old Rolands.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

just the shear power of the sound like the Access Virus
I've had a Virus C for years, havent managed to connect with it at all, sounds way too digital and tbh a bit poo to me