Can a Power Mac G5 get the job done?

- ask away
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Can a Power Mac G5 get the job done?

Post by konzee »

I droped water on my electronics today, most of it on my macbook on the keyboard, it might be okay but as of right now it wont stay on and when it does the keyboard does not work, I blow dryed it and its been off for a few hours I'll try again tomorow.

but I'm looking to new cheap posibilitys anyways. Are G5's atleast semi-valiant in the production world? or can they atleast be upgraded to be?

my setup was ghetto tech to begin with, standard macbook, axiom, shity interface us122, logic9. so I'm thinking it might even be an upgrade.
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

mr oizo ?!
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Sounds like a capable setup to me, even with a G5. Hopefully, your new Mac dries out, but a G5 wouldn't be that bad. Max out the ram or something.
kivetros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Can a Power Mac G5 get the job done?

Post by kivetros »

konzee wrote:I droped water on my electronics today, most of it on my macbook on the keyboard, it might be okay but as of right now it wont stay on and when it does the keyboard does not work, I blow dryed it and its been off for a few hours I'll try again tomorow.

but I'm looking to new cheap posibilitys anyways. Are G5's atleast semi-valiant in the production world? or can they atleast be upgraded to be?

my setup was ghetto tech to begin with, standard macbook, axiom, shity interface us122, logic9. so I'm thinking it might even be an upgrade.
Try putting the MacBook in a bag filled with rice - leave it there for a few days, and the rice will draw most of the moisture out. I've seen this work on a cellphone that was dropped to the bottom of a lake.

-K
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

logic 9 is not supported on G5.
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

Does it forsure not work or is there a way around it? :( that sucks.

Couldnt help myself i turned it on last night to sync my last track i bounced to my ipod now it wont turn on at all. Might have fried it :(
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

Nevermind i read that "not supported" does not mean it wont work, just that you cant used tech support pretty much.

If anyone has any tips for cheap production technology let me know ! :)

So far im def going with a dual g5, max out the ram.
kivetros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kivetros »

Just keep in mind that last year, last year's tech still put just about everybody into option paralysis - same for the year before that. You can still make incredible music with older software. As far as I know, Rex the Dog still uses an old PowerMac running Logic 6 and OS 9, and his stuff is off the charts.