Traktor help needed...fast!!

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

dependence on one piece of hardware is bad as a DJ

im sure, if batemans laptop would crash one day befor his gig, he would take some vinyls, burn some cds and rock the party the old way :D

if you cant do this and a controller can fck you over, you seriously should step up your game.

not saying that this is the case here :)
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Anteuro »

haha i know what you guys must be thinking..but im no new guy to this..just I had spent quite a while mapping a nice set up on the akai with trigger samples and various creative loop points set up to form a fluent killer set!

but yeah, im going to burn some cd's and do it that way now
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:dependence on one piece of hardware is bad as a DJ

im sure, if batemans laptop would crash one day befor his gig, he would take some vinyls, burn some cds and rock the party the old way :D

if you cant do this and a controller can fck you over, you seriously should step up your game.

not saying that this is the case here :)
always has a cd wallet with me as backup.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I am sure wherever you are going to be playing will have a mixer. Just run multiple outs and mix using a real mixer. Its better than audio controllers anyways. As long as there is sound coming out of the card you are good to go. Hopefully you have multiple outs on your card.

I don't like midi controllers for mixing because there are only 128 discrete values. IMO the jump between 0 and 1 is too much. I wish someone would invent something better.

BTW, you can get usb to firewire connectors but you may need to plug in your sound card because the connector changes into 4 pin firewire which does not carry the same power for the unit.
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Anteuro »

thanks for the advice guys, i agree that there is nothing like using a real mixer, just been wanting to get my moneys worth out of the akai to be honest haha, as i have hardly been using it!
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

Hey Reuben!

Hope everything went fine and you rocked that party!
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Anteuro »

haha thanks man, after some tech issues with traktor i got rid and just used cdj's...and yeah, it all went down real well :D