MNML producers BEWARE !!!!

- ask away
Hindenzog
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Hindenzog »

There's House and Techno. Then there's sh!t.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

TechnoMusic wrote:
trak660 wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Juno and Beatport have completely different deep house charts.
+1
Traxsource has deep house split into two lists, "deep" and "soulful".
To me, a lot of the deep house stuff on Beatport would be more accurately labeled as "deep techno".
I have a feeling there are a significant portion of house DJs out there who would hate labelling anything they like "Techno" its a prejudice I have seen repeatedly. The number of times I have seen straight up old school banging techno labelled as "Hard house" or similar is beyond a joke.
i would say it's the other way round. nobody wants to be hard house! you must be hanging with the wrong people.
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

tone-def wrote:
TechnoMusic wrote: I have a feeling there are a significant portion of house DJs out there who would hate labelling anything they like "Techno" its a prejudice I have seen repeatedly. The number of times I have seen straight up old school banging techno labelled as "Hard house" or similar is beyond a joke.
i would say it's the other way round. nobody wants to be hard house! you must be hanging with the wrong people.
Nah its just the feeling I get online and when I occasionally walk into random vinyl shops.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
sheet1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sheet1 »

what are those speakers on the cover of the album ?
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

old funktion one system ?

does that matter, really :?:
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

tone-def wrote:
TechnoMusic wrote:
trak660 wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Juno and Beatport have completely different deep house charts.
+1
Traxsource has deep house split into two lists, "deep" and "soulful".
To me, a lot of the deep house stuff on Beatport would be more accurately labeled as "deep techno".
I have a feeling there are a significant portion of house DJs out there who would hate labelling anything they like "Techno" its a prejudice I have seen repeatedly. The number of times I have seen straight up old school banging techno labelled as "Hard house" or similar is beyond a joke.
I was on a hard bleepy kick through most of the 1990's. A lot of old hard house and ghetto has some serious banging techno on the b-sides. I think the artists would probably consider the music house even though it doesn't really sound like it.

"Deep house" is such an abused term! I think most of us are in agreement on that one! :lol: