Help needed on producing a Detroit like string/pad sound.

- ask away
Dan C
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Help needed on producing a Detroit like string/pad sound.

Post by Dan C »

Im relatively new to producing and synthesis but im guessing this sound shouldnt be too difficult to replicate and is quite a common yet effective sound heard in tech house and techno. It can first be heard at 3:20 as the track kicks back in after the break and then the chord (i think, or is it just a single note?) seems to change at 3:36. The track is ''Gavin Herlihy - Back Burner.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Rk1IqQPa0

Another example can be heard on Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey (Dub Mix) at 4:24 but this one just seems to have a constant rise in pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAto45E4xsk

Any help is appreciated! :D
Dan C
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dan C »

And heres me thinking id get an overwhelming response....haha
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

be thankfull
they are really mild with you
cause the sound has nothing to do with detroit
but try this
take 2 saws or triangle detune them slightly
no attack really long decay no release
so the sound takes foreverer
add some reverb chorus mayb some pan movement or pitch
Dan C
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dan C »

Thanks for the advice - ill give it a go later.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

theres been load of threads about this,

search it mate
Dan C
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dan C »

I did because i knew id get an arsey response like the one you just gave & fck all came up that related to this sound i was after. Sure theres detroit related posts but they were pretty much requesting different things

Why dont you try typing Detroit pads or Detroit strings in the search engine then point me in the right direction as youve obviously found something my search never.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Dan C wrote:I did because i knew id get an arsey response like the one you just gave & fck all came up that related to this sound i was after. Sure theres detroit related posts but they were pretty much requesting different things

Why dont you try typing Detroit pads or Detroit strings in the search engine then point me in the right direction as youve obviously found something my search never.
arsey? It was just a simple advice.
Dan C
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dan C »

Well forgive me if he meant it that way. The only thing ive achieved is coming accross as arsey myself, but ive read countless posts from people saying ''this has been asked a million times before...do a search.''

Its just annoying when youve searched though and thats all people say when you ask for a little help. Trust me ill search for answers, even have a go at producing the sound myself but when youve wasted too much time a helping hand can save you a massive ball ache.