HELP ME: Want to record DJ sets . . .

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

reddie wrote:I've tried with audacity and sound forge, by connecting rec out and mic on the laptop. I do all the necessary settings for a smooth recording but still no good. The result is very loud and very noisy. and i'm no rookie with these things either. I believe Asus microphone has malfunction.
I've come to conclusion that I must order one of these recorders if I want a quality recording.
Use LINE IN, not mic
reddie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by reddie »

patrick bateman wrote:
reddie wrote:I've tried with audacity and sound forge, by connecting rec out and mic on the laptop. I do all the necessary settings for a smooth recording but still no good. The result is very loud and very noisy. and i'm no rookie with these things either. I believe Asus microphone has malfunction.
I've come to conclusion that I must order one of these recorders if I want a quality recording.
Use LINE IN, not mic
you mean I should connect Line In and laptop mic?

patrick, this is the diagram.
laptop, traktor, m-audio fast track pro, nuo 4
cable 2 + 1 to connect rec and mic to laptop.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

reddie wrote:I've tried with audacity and sound forge, by connecting rec out and mic on the laptop. I don't have a midi controller but I use a Fast Track Pro & Nuo 4. I do all the necessary settings for a smooth recording but still no good. The result is very loud and very noisy. and i'm no rookie with these things either. I believe Asus microphone has malfunction.
yep what paddy says... don't use the mic input on your laptop... mic inputs amplify any signal, as mics need to amplified. a flat line input signal doesn't its kinda like turntables and phono inputs...

if you only have one input on the laptop then there's probably an option in the sound control panel on windows to switch it to a line input and thus remove the mic amplification element... if you're on a Mac, then you shoulda got a PC...

that said.. you've got a the fast track pro external soundcard... probs best to plug into an input on that.. rather than go through your laptop's soundcard... you'll get a better quality recording.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ChrisCV wrote: if you only have one input on the laptop then there's probably an option in the sound control panel on windows to switch it to a line input and thus remove the mic amplification element... if you're on a Mac, then you shoulda got a PC...
It's like that on a mac too.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

patrick bateman wrote:
ChrisCV wrote: if you only have one input on the laptop then there's probably an option in the sound control panel on windows to switch it to a line input and thus remove the mic amplification element... if you're on a Mac, then you shoulda got a PC...
It's like that on a mac too.
i know... i was just seeing if i could wind someone up... :P
reddie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by reddie »

big thanks friends.
will try all this today.
sound great, I'm already excited. Chris I have an Asus dual core. It's cool, but i never use its sound card until this last mix.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

I have been thinking about getting this, the M Audio Microtrack 2 to record my DJ sets straight out the back of REC OUT of my Pioneer Mixer

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrackII.html

Any opinions?
moreacidplease
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moreacidplease »

Next on Absurd

Acidtest01 - Tin Man w/ Donato Dozzy remix

www.absurdrecordings.com
www.amoeba.com