MNML producers BEWARE !!!!

- ask away
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

deccard wrote:could apply to stuff like maya jane something too. uninspired dj fodder.

maya jane coles.

i'm still convinced that she's got a ghostwriter providing her with tracks and tips, because i find it pretty hard to believe that, at her age, she's shitting out a track a day. and some of them have a level of complexity to them.

could be another martinez brothers situation...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

someone that knows her told me she makes her own tracks. i agree about it being fodder. she started when she was 15, that's a long time to be making beats, so there is no reason why she shouldn't be making this music. i know some people who see her in the studios and they were saying she is always in there.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

this thread is dumb.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

cloutier wrote:i'm still convinced that she's got a ghostwriter providing her with tracks and tips, because i find it pretty hard to believe that, at her age, she's shitting out a track a day. and some of them have a level of complexity to them.
franck roger.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

although I absolutely LOVE Marco Carola as a dj, his productions really are boring, 'dj tools'. Or tools for dj's that are tools. Whatever.

Awful album, but if it makes people write these funny articles, then it surely has a purpose.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

cloutier wrote: maya jane coles.

i'm still convinced that she's got a ghostwriter providing her with tracks and tips, because i find it pretty hard to believe that, at her age, she's shitting out a track a day. and some of them have a level of complexity to them.
after a few years of work, it's not hard to finish remixes quickly

more recent originals could be older tracks as well

in any case, I had a blast playing a few of her tracks last year & enjoyed hearing them out (her name might be oversaturated a bit now though)

as for the original post, I'm pretty sure that is the biggest criticism of dance music in general. I haven't enjoyed marco carola's tracks for a fair while but it's not because they are dj tools meant to be played loudly - most of the best techno fits this description
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

hydrogen wrote:this thread is dumb.
ahh - I never miss you turning your nose up at everyone ;)

If you are going to be a producer - then you need to be aware of all that entails, so this is definately the place a thread like this should be, I cannot see any logic that would contradict that.

like i say - make a bum track - people gonna give their opinion....
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

cloutier wrote:
deccard wrote:could apply to stuff like maya jane something too. uninspired dj fodder.

maya jane coles.

could be another martinez brothers situation...
sorry to disappoint you, but she is definetely the real deal. :) Love her sound quality, but I don't quite find the style itself pretty special. Bit standard techy house stuff.
Nice person though, heard her play at room3 at Fabric. Was okay.