PioneerDJM 800 Mixer being used in Panorama Bar.

- open
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

jackbrazzo wrote:I was to busy looking at the [...] music.
and, what did you see?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

aut.t.n wrote:
jackbrazzo wrote:I was to busy looking at the [...] music.
and, what did you see?
little fluffy clouds.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

well i was fucked up on k and e. :shock:
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

The 800 is Pioneer's only mixer that sounds good. They built a rep for poor sound from the 600, which is a pile and I hate playing on it (also the horribly designed master FADER right next to the main channels). The 800 otoh is one of my faves. The 92 is overrated, especially now that they are all bribg made in China and have a noticeable reduction in build an sound quality. The 62 sounds the best, an the filters have a higher peak resonance allowing for that nice squelch when you want it. Ergonomically it kinda blows for DJs though--i prefer the 92 in that regard.

Fwiw, i have a friend who is an electrical engineer, brought home some expensive pro oscilloscoped testing gear (i forget the exact machine) from his job one day and did a comparison of max headroom for the uk 92, china 92, uk 62, pio 800, and rane empath, gathered from my friends and me. Uk 92 and 62 could be redlined fully on master and gain with headroom to spare and not distort...only began distorting once you started cranking EQs past 12. The china 92 you could still redline but not full gain and master. 800 had some headroom when you completely redlined the master, but just a touch of extra gain or eq distorted it, and the Empath was the worst performer but if you didn't peak it out you were fine. So feel free to redline those xones guys, just not too much ;)

I was surprised too. I still keep my levels tight, but its nice to know the technical limits when the situation arises.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

red lights are the new 11.

i always red line when i play so that i'm 1 better than the other djs
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

jackbrazzo wrote:I went on a Perlonised night a year ago, the atmosphere was superb. I didnt once check the mixer or speakers I was to busy looking at the visuals and music.

Cmon guys lighten up and enjoy the music. Who cares what mixer its played out of.
exactly my thoughts

on here tho TECHNO=SERIOUS BIZNESS
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

The sound guy when I played the other week told me to go into the reds on the new pioneer. 'they can take it' he said... For some reason they said they couldnt turn it up on the amps, so to get more loudness (which they wanted) they asked me to go into the reds.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

thefunnel wrote:The 800 is Pioneer's only mixer that sounds good. .
no, actually the DJM-1000 is really really good :) But you only rarely see one. Very nice mixer.