PioneerDJM 800 Mixer being used in Panorama Bar.

- open
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

PioneerDJM 800 Mixer being used in Panorama Bar.

Post by eggnchips »

The guys at Panorama Bar usually seem to know their stuff when it comes to sound so I enquired on Sunday as I noticed they were using a Pioneer Djm mixer instead of the usual Allen & Heath or the Formula Sound that comes with Funktion One gear. One the sound men there told me a certain DJ on the line up and asked for it.
Quite amusing really considering that a. Somebody playing Panormama Bar has insisited on such a mixer and b. that Panorama Bar obliged the request.
They are really shitty mixers in my opinion.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

hate to tell you, but pioneer 800's sound absolutely amazing. and most dj's really do prefer a three-band eq over the four-band on the a+h's.

which, btw, unless its the x.one:62, a+h's aren't that impressive on the sound quality.

formula sound mixers, however, are totally the bomb, but only if they're paired with an entirely funktion one setup (which pbar is).

as for not giving an artist what they want / need to preform...that's a pretty retarded comment. you're spending money that you hope will be returned by bringing someone in to your venue to play...why would you fck with them and potentially piss them off by telling them they can't play with what they usually perform with?
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

the difference in mastering/production in tracks, however slight, is still way more than the difference in sound quality between pioneer and allen and heath mixers.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

I think they're sh!t.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

I also think it was noticable. Plus for some reason people always run Pioneers into the red as I saw last night. Formula sound make great mixers full stop regardless of with or without a Funktion One.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

why would you go to panorama bar and look at whther the dj is overdriving the mixer?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

oblioblioblio wrote:why would you go to panorama bar and look at whther the dj is overdriving the mixer?
What kind of question is that?

I like to observe. Is that a crime?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

another kind of shortsighted statement...

almost every dj runs it in the red, regardless of the mixer, because most dj's don't know any better.

the opening dj almost always pegs it in the red, and plays at like 128bpm at 11p, so you really have no where else to go but further in the red and faster. its ridiculous that no one can keep it out of the red. its not rocket science, nor is it doing any good. keep it in the green or yellow, and turn it up at the amplifiers so it doesn't sound like complete crap.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier