- music
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Ingemar Stalholm - Mr. Matsubayashi is having a bad day

Post by Ingemar »

track for listening and feedback!
http://soundcloud.com/user4334986/ingemar-stalholm-mr

I'm a bit dissapointed with how it sounds with sounclouds encoding, I always feel that my bass-heavier stuff loses much of its presence when uploaded. I apologise for that. Any feedback on this headphone adventure is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Matsubayashi is having a very bad day:
I read this brilliant story some time ago and couldn't stop thinking about it. I was so impressed with mr. Matsubayashi's stone face and general stoicism that I felt that I had to do some kind of tribute to him, something to cheer him up. Additional influences comes partly from Albert Camus' story "the Stranger" and some words of wisdom spoken by Maxi Jazz of Faithless, about learning to earn in the face of adversity. Not sure about how mr. Matsubayashi is doing with that, but he'll get there I'm sure.
As for the actual music influences I'm not sure at all where the inspiration comes from, the track is more of a study than anything else, I really wanted to position it in the middle of a glitchy click'n'cut style track and something more ear-friendly natural sounding.
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

lovely tune, takes me on a nice trip. reminds me somewhat on villallobos runes. Could indeed use a bit more low-end but appart from that i enjoyed this one :).
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

Ingemar Stalholm soon at new minimal+house label from Poland + DISKKO MUSIK
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords