modular synthesis

- ask away
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

oblioblioblio have you modded your envelator's?
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

nah i got the diodes but I've been lazy about doing the actual job. It's a simple fix though if you have a soldering iron and a little experience. (or you know a friend that does)

All I'm doing at the moment is not using stackcables on DMOD in. Once I've done the fix I will be able to.
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

Right on, it looks simple but i don't have much experience.. my dads quite good though. Got my first 3 modules in the mail today (Anti, Envelator and QMMG) expecting more tomorrow :)
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

If your Dad knows what he's doing it will take about 10 seconds for each one.

With your location you might be advised to try and learn yourself. Every module I own is from USA, and if I have problem with a module I have to pay for shipping and customs tax to get the module there and back. I bought some modules from my local dealer who would probably be cool about sending some modules with his shipments. However I'm not totally sure about that, and I didn't buy all my modules from him. And so for simple fixes it will save me a lot of money if I can swap some parts myself. I also enjoy dipping in and out of the module design theory.... it's all fucking magical physics happening right there in the circuits.

Get patching right away unless you have no cables! :)
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

Yeah i need to learn, thinking about buying the 4ms diy stuff and building it with dad. No cables yet! :lol: hopefully tomorrow. Only 10 though.. waiting for equinoxoz to order more in.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

it's good to start slow i found. I only had a few stackcalbes to start with and i think if I'd have had loads of cables I would have just got lost.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:it's good to start slow i found. I only had a few stackcalbes to start with and i think if I'd have had loads of cables I would have just got lost.
got to disagree bro.

get more than you need always.

ive currently got 25 assorted cables hanging on my wall, not including the hundreds plugged into the modular, but i know that if i come up with an idea of some extra patching, those 25 cables will be gone pretty quickly.

i know that beginners rigs are going to be way less cable hungry, but ive found that no matter what i have done since i started with just 3 U, i have run out of cables on a regular basis, and have been ordering them every month for a year. the postage for that alone comes to £100.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i was just saying that for the first couple of days/weeks when you're startiing patching it's not specifcally a bad thing to be limited with cables.

I only had 5-10 cables for the first weeks patching, and it was really helpful for me to just focus on very small patches.

I totally agree though that when you're trying to estimate how many you will need for your whole complete system times that number by 4 or 5 or more.