Warm / Euphoric, Deep/Tech-House Pads

- ask away
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

a roland JV-1080 (can be expanded with various cards), or korg wavestation/yamaha tg-33 for atmospheric pads or fb-01 for fm sounds. good deals can be found for all of these underrated treasures.

cheaper than commercial vst's even.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

AK wrote:I know what a rhodes is, i was saying there isnt one in sight in the tracks.

I dont care what it costs, its overkill for anything discussed here. Even if there were a rhodes in the clips, you do not have to go out a buy 1.
i have dreams where it's midnight, my window opens, curtains fluttering. slowly and in a moonlit haze a rhodes floats in to my window. cue the song "dream weaver". this is all followed by a montage of me playing the rhodes, laughing with it, hugging it, crying with it, smoking a cigarette in a bed next to it.

i misunderstood you, woops! i'm a big swayzak fan and come to think of it i can't remember any rhodes in their tracks. i did grab "snowboarding in argentina" the other day, what a great wonderful chilled out album that is.
STML
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by STML »

I finally caved and got a Rhodes bass. Yeah, samples don't do it justice.
___jdv.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ___jdv. »

thanks a lot for the tips so far. i'll try to get something going. please bear in mind that I use reason so no vst right now. also i'm rather interested in the efx used to get this sound.

i'm usually trying to go with delay, ADSR envelope, verb and some chorus maybe. but to be honest i'm not that sure how to really use the ADSR in the envelope filter. right now all I do is controll the cut-off which is pretty much the same as if I'd tweak the lowpass filter in the synth.

Hardware synth will have to wait too since ill spend my money on monitors first.
deep88
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deep88 »

hi jdv

a friend of mine show me this page and so i'm happy to reply
that pad was an xstation with 9 minor chords and pan/chorus/delay
(u should do more or less the same with a vst v-station)

the automation was just a filter cut off

peace
deep88

ps
please spread this video tnx!
http://vimeo.com/18897726
___jdv.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ___jdv. »

wow the creator of one of the songs replying himself. thanks a lot.
like i said im using reason so there are no vst plug-ins but it should be able to recreate this sound somehow i guess.

anyone has an idea what chords swayzak used in make your mind up?
deep88
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deep88 »

ah ok, so tryin to use 3 square oscillator detune a couple, long adsr, both on Amp Env and Mod Env, add chorus, delay and reverb, and use cutoff to open and close the song with automation...
remember to use 7th or 9th chords (better minor)

good luck