Hey Americanos

- open
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

Themis wrote:so there are shops but without shipping?
huh?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

forced exposure http://www.forcedexposure.com/ is my personal favorite... in fact a few days ago I ordered records at 6 a.m. and by that afternoon it was already shipped out....

they have one flat fee for shipping in the united states I believe.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

dubgil2 wrote:
Themis wrote:so there are shops but without shipping?
huh?
stores that don't do mailorder.
mizzdirekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mizzdirekt »

Forced Exposure is one of my favorites as well, but you kind of have to know what you are looking for.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

thefunnel wrote:Other than a couple discogs sellers, there are none.
and even that is getting harder, since new year the rules to send packages to the US have changed. So thanks to the paranoia of the Homeland Security dudes, it can take up to two months before a package will get there (they open EVERY single package now, hence the delay).
I've stopped sending outside of the EU, simply because I don't want to let people in US or Canada fork over 20-30 euro just for shipment that they'll only receive in a few month's time. A pitty really :?
The security measures are just getting a bit out of hand /me thinks.

I guess that's why import vinyl gets so expensive in the USA as well: it costs an arm and a leg these days to ship bigger shipments there. Too much hassle with paperwork, security surcharges and what not.
sheet1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sheet1 »

ordering from discogs isn't to bad, there are many good sellers its just that shipping is a lot (8 to 10 Euros to NA) but most of the time you can find what you are looking for.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

mizzdirekt wrote:Forced Exposure is one of my favorites as well, but you kind of have to know what you are looking for.
the problem with forced exposure is the lack of audio samples. you could always go back-and-forth between word and sound or some other distributors and look up things that way, but yeah, for the most part, its a total pain in the ass to shop there.

they also usually get very limited supplies of things, so its hard to be on top of stuff.

PsyTox wrote: and even that is getting harder, since new year the rules to send packages to the US have changed. So thanks to the paranoia of the Homeland Security dudes, it can take up to two months before a package will get there (they open EVERY single package now, hence the delay).
I've stopped sending outside of the EU, simply because I don't want to let people in US or Canada fork over 20-30 euro just for shipment that they'll only receive in a few month's time. A pitty really :?
The security measures are just getting a bit out of hand /me thinks.
i think this might have only been during the holiday season, to be honest. i had a few packages from the uk get held up for a while, one of them taking about 15 weeks to show up, but the rest have been relatively quick, around two to three weeks, which is pretty normal.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

2-3 weeks sucks big time. if I was to order from Juno now I would get it for tomorrow morning. I can see why a lot of people stateside just move over to digital.