Hardware sequencers with step timing control

- ask away
astley
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Hardware sequencers with step timing control

Post by astley »

What are the hardware boxes that have this control? Just a control to move the step forward or backward

I´ve heard the tr909 has this, aswell as the Spectralis. Are there any other boxes which have this?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Are you talking about the whole pattern? As in, 'shift pattern left/right'.
astley
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by astley »

yes step or pattern, ideally that you would hear it realtime
Oldskoolbunkert
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Oldskoolbunkert »

astley
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by astley »

wow! thanks!
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Theres obviously a sh!t load of hardware sequencers with step entry as an option, not sure as to what degree of control you are actually looking for. The shift pattern left/right thing is something I thought was available on the mmt8, but Im not sure.

Unfortunately, its a tough subject, not many people get through a large number of hardware sequencers. Im after one myself and i traced as many as I could, both old and new and just read bits here and there, disgarding those which didnt immediately meet my needs. Still got a number to go through but if you have a general idea of what you might want to do with it, you can easily get pdf's online which will be useful to scan through.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

just a word of warning about the Flame sequencers, i had the Flame clockwork, and the resolution was really poor on it.

i dont know if this is the same, but the amounts you could move the sequences back and forward was way to course to be useful to get interesting funky grooves,
i got rid of my clockwork after about three weeks.

i think you can do it on the Genoqs Octapus midi sequencer but its expensive

http://www.genoqs.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=48

its easy with a modular, i have a sequencer set up which has full analogue control of everything about the sequence, full resolution, hands on, instant control.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

For people in the box, numerology looks like an interesting modular style approach. Mac only though.