Where do you see...Electronic Music in 5 years

- open
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i was in a pub last night, and whoever the bartender was had on this silly late 90's dnb mix, with roni size and soul coughing tracks. i felt like why are we still listening to 15 year old jungle tracks!!!???

the styles, the culture, it's all obsolete or evolved to new things. let's move on from the past folks. maybe some of these kids got laid when they were real into jungle, and they called things "phat" and "tight", and buying weed was a royal pain in the butthole in the 90's. it's OVER already.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

pafufta816 wrote:i was in a pub last night, and whoever the bartender was had on this silly late 90's dnb mix, with roni size and soul coughing tracks. i felt like why are we still listening to 15 year old jungle tracks!!!???

the styles, the culture, it's all obsolete or evolved to new things. let's move on from the past folks. maybe some of these kids got laid when they were real into jungle, and they called things "phat" and "tight", and buying weed was a royal pain in the butthole in the 90's. it's OVER already.
what?
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

pafufta816 wrote:i was in a pub last night, and whoever the bartender was had on this silly late 90's dnb mix, with roni size and soul coughing tracks. i felt like why are we still listening to 15 year old jungle tracks!!!???

but i assume you think its totally ok to bring back the plastikman back catalogue in limited edition packaging?

nowt wrong with a bit of nostalgia....

glasto last year, Tayo did a brilliant job of closing the dance tent with an old skool drum n bass set... dug out all the classics and made you think... what the fck is wrong with drum n bass today.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

I still say "phat" and "tight". :lol:

Maybe we'll see something new emerge, but I'm bracing myself for the retro-nineties invasion. I hope everybody likes hard techno and disco house!
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i love old plastikman, so that is a bias. but hawtin is no doubt gloating over his past as a "legend". it is an egocentric thing to do, and he's going to make a ton of money on it.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

i think you've missed the point... and ironically played into my point...
i was in a pub last night, and whoever the bartender was had on this silly 90's techno mix, with plastikman and underground resistance tracks. i felt like why are we still listening to 15 year old techno tracks!!!???

the styles, the culture, it's all obsolete or evolved to new things. let's move on from the past folks. maybe some of these kids got laid when they were real into techno, and they called things "phat" and "tight", and buying weed was a royal pain in the butthole in the 90's. it's OVER already.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Hopefully, within five years cloud computing will have fucked and stirred sh!t up is such a way that will make it less easy to download reason and flood the world with sh!t music.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

sh!t sh!t sh!t
fck BITCH COCK