Where do you see...Electronic Music in 5 years

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

In 5 years? I see electronic music going more in the direction of footwork. Right now footwork tracks are extremely ghetto sh!t, but if minimal/tech/white people get involved, it could be something really incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3bnZuZGvIQ
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

tone-def wrote:
thefunnel wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
muler0o wrote:raresh will release his first ep

dnb will go totaly dubstep

tech-house will not be a trend anymore
I think most dub step guys are going dnb?

Autonomic.
I believe that to be the case. The amount of paint-by-numbers brostep guys in the States that are finding DnB to be this "new" earth-shattering genre of music is quite staggering. I think it's sinking in to them since the big mutiny of DnB artists for dubstep caused a little influence crossover :)
really? it's been the other way round in the UK.
it can only be a good thing for dubstep if americians stop making brostep.
Well, the way it's been here, is that no one knew/gave a sh!t about dubstep in its true, dubby, techy Bristol-based form in 2007/2008. I was playing it out, expecting people to really latch on since Americans love their breaks/hip-hop, which I assumed would translate to love for this new sh!t I was hearing called dubstep. Emptied dancefloors.

Gave up on it, just decided to incorporate it occasionally into a techno set. Somewhere in 2009 Rusko, Excision, and brostep emerged...and now it's literally bigger than big beat and stadium trance in the '90s. It's massive. Even popstars and rappers are using dubstep backing tracks now.

But it's funny...you go out to an event, and the dnb cats that decided to forgo their roots by playing brostep will sneak dnb in...and people go hogwild now. OMG WHAT IS THIS?!!?!?!? OMG ITS LIKE FAST DUBSTEP!!!!! Now the Ruskos are spinning 10-20% dnb in their dubstep sets, and people are amazed, like it's some new form of music. Hilarious really.

It's going to eat itself though. Dubstep is set to implode in a big way, mark my words. Already some of the smarter bros are starting to talk sh!t about how it's "too popular." So we'll see what 2011 brings. Britney + Rusko for starters :D

@Stevesto

I can see that happening. I've been dropping the occasional footwurk mini-set into my dubstep/jungle sets, and people go hogwild wondering wtf it is. It's funny to see a crowd of white people have no clue how to dance to it, but they absolutely tear their nuts off with joy due to the eclectic beats and massive bass. It's quite entertaining. Admittedly though, it's a style that I can only handle in short bursts...as it becomes more mixed I can see it going to some interesting places.

I dread a footwurk takeover in the vein of brostep though...ugh. plz no
Last edited by thefunnel on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

stevësto wrote:In 5 years? I see electronic music going more in the direction of footwork. Right now footwork tracks are extremely ghetto sh!t, but if minimal/tech/white people get involved, it could be something really incredible:

Totally, black people suck at making funky dance music. We need to get them out of the way so that white people can get on with making important footwork music.
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

Casanova808 wrote:
stevësto wrote:In 5 years? I see electronic music going more in the direction of footwork. Right now footwork tracks are extremely ghetto sh!t, but if minimal/tech/white people get involved, it could be something really incredible:

Totally, black people suck at making funky dance music. We need to get them out of the way so that white people can get on with making important footwork music.
LOL, I was totally thinking that...just didn't wanna be the dck to call him out on it. I think he meant well...didn't come out right. heh
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

muler0o wrote:raresh will release his first ep
Is this actually true or are you just expecting this?
Would be interesting to hear what he makes :)
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

thefunnel: agree with everything you said, and its exactly what i experienced as well. i was the first one in my area to play dubstep (dmz, mala, clue kid, distance, basically the stuff before brostep took over) around the same time as you, but it didnt seem to do well on the floor.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

what i hope to see is more artists exploring outside the range of 120-130bpm. i get super bored of things in 125-130 area, i miss the 90's techno sounds that were 140bpm-ish.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

pafufta816 wrote:what i hope to see is more artists exploring outside the range of 120-130bpm. i get super bored of things in 125-130 area, i miss the 90's techno sounds that were 140bpm-ish.
no oh god no. no hard techno crap.