Villalobos in Melbourne (26th November)

- open
anthak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anthak »

yeah it is RTR 92.1 . Thursdays from 3pm to 5pm Declan and some other fella. I wouldnt know if there is much else on, but I came across this show by accident one day and loved it, so have listened to it almost every week since.
Do you know of any good regular radio shows in Perth?
anthak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anthak »

anthak wrote:yeah it is RTR 92.1 . Thursdays from 3pm to 5pm Declan and some other fella. I wouldnt know if there is much else on, but I came across this show by accident one day and loved it, so have listened to it almost every week since.
Declan hasnt been on this show the last few weeks and it has been nowhere near as good as it was. well not by my taste anyway.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

pity the narcotics cost a bomb lol
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

grace anxiety wrote:pity the narcotics cost a bomb lol
They're a load of rubbish anyhow. the price just confirms you the fact of staying away from them.

Ricardo was just ok btw. Maybe it's just simply a case of me not feeling that kind of music anymore but either way i couldn't help feeling disappointed. Recreating the Ricardo Fabric experience seems a long way off at this stage.

mnml ssgs party tonight should be really good. Heading in a couple of hours.

About a year ago, Melbourne-based readers began getting in contact with Chris and I, asking if there'd be any ssgs-related events in the future. Well, finally things have come together fortuitously at the Melbourne end of things.

What I've put together is a kind of two speed evening. Earlier on, we're going to be having a sausage sizzle (will sort some vegetarian options), while Dave Slutzkin, Joshua Meggitt and I will play a broad selection of music, ranging between contemporary classical, electronica new an old, key selections of 2010, which house (who can say?), and some ssg-related favourites. I'm really hoping that people with kids, husbands, wives, partners, pets, gimps or whoever else keeps 'em in the bosom of the oikos will come down earlier. The music won't be too loud and it shouldn't be too crowded, so kids should be okay too.

Later on, Loose Joints' residents Tig and Blake (Two Bright Lakes) will turn on their regular selection, twisted into ssg-shaped forms. I might train wreck a few deeper house and techno records, if I'm not too drunk already (actually, the danger is that I'll play anyway). Then, finally, Not Happy Jan is coming in to play a special set of Chicago and early 90s NY house to tie a bumping bow on everything.

Entry is free all evening, ssgs by negotiation (which means I'm still working those details out), the sound system is reasonable and the espresso martinis are second to none.

Among other things, 2010 taught me that this blog is real. The effects are diffuse, but they're there, and all the people I've had the pleasure of meeting in real life through ssgs have been lovely. This should be a good chance for you to get a good sense of that. Or that's what we hope. In any case, if you're in Melbourne, pencil it in, hope to see you on Saturday the 18th.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

how was this party del?
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

anthak wrote:
anthak wrote:yeah it is RTR 92.1 . Thursdays from 3pm to 5pm Declan and some other fella. I wouldnt know if there is much else on, but I came across this show by accident one day and loved it, so have listened to it almost every week since.
Declan hasnt been on this show the last few weeks and it has been nowhere near as good as it was. well not by my taste anyway.
That's Full Frequency I think.. Declan also does Trainwreck on Saturday nights but that show features a guest DJ set every week so the style is not consistent. I tune into Looney Choons when I can... Friday night / Sat morning 1am-6am.