Ricardo @ Speakerplay

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Conquest Inc. wrote:Wow...

I'm not really familiar with Ricardo's mixing set up, but I have to ask was this done with only turntables, records, and a mixer.

Even if it wasn't I am still extremely impressed, it would just make me feel better about my mixing if he used some other stuff ;)

Also good call about that slip record, that was going to bug me all night. I probably would have starting just going through all my records to figure out what it is.

Anywho, thanks for the set, very impressive and entertaining

any ideas?? i mean i know what ricardo is capable of but.. in this set i sometimes hear 3 decks and one time he comes back with a record he spinned 3 tracks before but just for 10 seks ..
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

I think it's just a sampler next to 2 decks (?)

http://www.s2store.be/images/produkten/ ... medium.gif
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

roland wrote:

I'm not really familiar with Ricardo's mixing set up, but I have to ask was this done with only turntables, records, and a mixer.

Even if it wasn't I am still extremely impressed, it would just make me feel better about my mixing if he used some other stuff ;)

Also good call about that slip record, that was going to bug me all night. I probably would have starting just going through all my records to figure out what it is.

any ideas?? i mean i know what ricardo is capable of but.. in this set i sometimes hear 3 decks and one time he comes back with a record he spinned 3 tracks before but just for 10 seks ..
He just brings the records back in, he is just one of the best :) Although it isn't that special :P
I haven't seen him use a sampler or anything like that before.
loki33
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by loki33 »

he is using a soundbite
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

Roy Koch wrote:
roland wrote:

He just brings the records back in, he is just one of the best :) Although it isn't that special :P

I did
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

Roy Koch wrote:
roland wrote:

I did
michel86
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michel86 »

malle eppie wrote:
Roy Koch wrote:
roland wrote:

I did
I saw him use a sampler many times, he often uses it when playing longer dj sets (> 2 hours)
puzzle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by puzzle »

grace anxiety wrote:not telling the name of the track if you know it is kinda lame
There will always be a wimp, wanking on a little wisdom. -smurf