Real snare samples?

- ask away
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Real snare samples?

Post by konzee »

Does anyone have any leads on where I can get real snare hit samples?

I've been listening to a lot of justice and everything they had on their essential mix, the snare in the tunes sound spectacular. I have all the good vengeance kits and finding a good pick is 1/50. If anyone has any leads please let me know!
thanks in advance!
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

most mnml members would say : buy a snare, a mic and record it yourself.
I would say : go look for some good drummers and buy the vinyl. Rip it and use it wisely.

Maybe you should check out billy cobham ;-)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Theres no way id be buying a real snare and micing it up. Stuff that, thats a bit OTT. I have a vast collection of snare hits from hundreds of drum breaks (used to make breakbeat) id upload a pile only im not online other than my phone. If you are just after a few hits, you could always try googling, 'free snare samples' or something. You would probably find loads of them as well as drumbreaks at the 'dogs on acid' website. They exchange a pile of samples and are free to d/l.

Even daw apps usually have tons of samples bundled in, it should be a piece of piss to find some real snare samples.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

different schools but I don't think micing a snare is over the top by any means. If you know how to play and record a snare with the right gear you could make some really interesting sounding material that isn't so stagnate as a single snare sample with some parameter automation...but sometimes this is all you need to convince a listener that it is a real snare drum.

This always seemed like an interesting approach... you could try http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=products& ... ctivedrums

Sampling is a game of hide and seek this is why you only find 1/50. So you could also just keep searching. good luck! :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Its a bit much to go out and buy a snare though just for this purpose imo.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:Its a bit much to go out and buy a snare though just for this purpose imo.
Agreed.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

http://www.darkbeats.com/sampleswap/

those are lots of the dogs on acid grid drums. there are some useable real snares in there but a lot of work to go through all the breaks and whatnot to find them ... happy hunting
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

Thanks guys!...goddamn...I LOVE THIS FORUM.

And shucks I do have a interface / condenser mic ;] haha
i know a lot people think that idea is way out of wack but honestly I HOPE i reach that point some day. You would have a lot on producers "What bit**?! That snare is mine!"

thanks again.