Techno isnt about the past, its about Strong Ale

- open
mick finesse
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mick finesse »

coldfuture wrote: Nice one! I loved that Hoptober. I am actually brewing a clone of their 1554 (I homebrew).

That's awesome, I hope to start a homebrew once we move into a house at some point over the next few years. I have an uncle in upstate New York that was really into it that won some medals at local beer festivals so he'll be an excellent resource to tap for that ( pun totally intended ). 1554 is an excellent Belgian-style beer also, great choice!

John ( Emote ) sent me away with a bottle of Great Divide's 16th Anniversary Wood Aged IPA last night so I can't wait to dig in to that tonight.
Techno producer and DJ concerned by the social obligation to pigeonhole by design and inspired by the desire to hold pigeons.

www.freqboutique.com
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

nice one willie :0)
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

coldfuture wrote: Stone Brewing
drooooool. only had their ipa, pale, and levitation, love their beer. definitely looking to make the trek to one of their grand monster tapping things though one of these days.
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

JNX wrote:
coldfuture wrote: Stone Brewing
drooooool. only had their ipa, pale, and levitation, love their beer. definitely looking to make the trek to one of their grand monster tapping things though one of these days.
Stone is quality, quality beer. Not sure if you can find it in St. Louis, but my favorite from Stone is the Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard Ale. It's pretty pricey (but aren't all Stone beers pricey?), as it sells for $16 a six-pack, but it's a quality beer for sure.
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

coldfuture wrote:Alesmith Brewing Company
Alesmith is wonderful. One of my favorites, no doubt.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I love a good IPA. Just recently had two new ones; one called Euphoria which wasn't hoppy enough for my taste and one from Lagunitas called Hop Stoopid which was great.

My absolute current favorite is from Three Floyd's and it's called Panzer Wolf. Super hoppy with lots of citrus notes. Over 100+ IBU and probably 8-9% ABV. It was a limited time run and I was lucky enough to secure a growler from them (probably 100-120 fluid ounces) for $30.

Funny how techno makes us argue but beer makes us all loved up.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

In the last couple of years micro brew companies and all grain home brewing has really taken off in Ireland and the Uk. Planning to get myself started with my own homebrew in the next few months. Highlights from the micro brew scene in Ireland are

The Headless Dog (amber ale) College Green Brewery
Porterhouse series my personal favourite is their Plain porter and their Oysterstout
Blackrock Stout
O'Hara's series
Galway Hooker

Also had some really nice ones I'd never seen before at a beer festival in Dublin a few months back; St. Peter's Cream Stout and Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Finish Oak Aged