Why clubbing sucks in Denver Colorado

- open
mick finesse
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mick finesse »

Hutch wrote:
mick finesse wrote:So because you met Brad working the door at Mark Henning means he's telling artists they can't be released on Beatport if they play at Vinyl?
Didn't say that. I said I don't care who Brad is and I don't dck ride him or anyone in the scene. And yes Steve we all know you brought Perc out. Thanks!! Did you read the whole injuction? Rico act is serious and I don't think this would be happening if there wasn't an actual case. It goes beyond DJ Rap dude. That was just an example.

Your OP is all about "this is why we can't have nice things," blaming Brad for holding a monopoly. Guess what, we've had nice things and I pointed out other successful parties besides Perc but I won't talk through someone elses mouth so I'm using the Perc party and Regas' dumbfuckery to prove zero amount of malignence Brad is being accused of through my lense ( PS Regas also shot down my attempts to have Konrad Black, Eddie Richards, and Richard West ).

This:
Hutch wrote: We've lost a lot of people coming here as a result of this of this I am pretty sure.
Is not true. At all. Where does this come from?

And like I said before, this:
Hutch wrote: And for the record Reagis has brought a lot of people out including Adam Beyer, Joel Mull, Magda, Christian Smith, John Selway, Richie 2x, and a lot more.
Is 90% Brad's booking anyways. Not sure why it's cool to hate on Beatport because it's Beatport around the cool kids. You're really throwing a lot of unnecessary salt on Denver when we're actually doing just great and Beatport nor Beta are doing anything to prevent us from bringing people in.

I'm not sure where you're coming from. Pointing out your bad argument is hardly dickriding Brad, it just sounds like you're sidestepping the issue, what was the point of making the thread then? Maybe if you had a bit more of an objective position I wouldn't be all over your nuts on this but you just come off as really bitter at Brad for reasons much less intriguing or worthy of a lawsuit. Hey bro, Brad plays trance and owns a nice company and club he must be a fuckin douchebag let's RAGE HARD.

Hutch wrote:
mick finesse wrote:If you want techno on the main floor support it bigtime when it's there like the Roots parties and PUNCHIS on Friday's and show them people will turn out for techno.
No thanks. Over Dirtybird parties and hearing locals smash hard techno at 10:30pm in a crappy sounding uncomfortable lounge. Show up or not nothings going to change and I agree with what John said :) This is just public display of dirty denver laundry. It's going to get ugly I'm thinking.

Then don't bitch about techno not being brought to Beta and say things like this
Hutch wrote:supports the local D-bag rave scene with the Triad Dragons and he books Trance instead of techno 11 times out of 12 months a year because he might lose bar sales.
if you aren't going to be a part of the process of getting techno back into Beta. It sounds more like that wahhhhhmbulance going out of it's way to make some noise instead of someone trying to be a productive part of the solution.
Techno producer and DJ concerned by the social obligation to pigeonhole by design and inspired by the desire to hold pigeons.

www.freqboutique.com
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Emote Music wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:When did Perc play Denver?
Oct. 16, 2010

RA Review here: http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=8226
Cool.
Are we 110% sure about who brought him to Denver also?
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Dear Mick,

mick finesse
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mick finesse »

Yeah I thought you'd bail after being told what's up, try watching your mouth before you start lying about dumb sh!t when you think no one you know is looking.
Techno producer and DJ concerned by the social obligation to pigeonhole by design and inspired by the desire to hold pigeons.

www.freqboutique.com
mick finesse
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mick finesse »

patrick bateman wrote:
Emote Music wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:When did Perc play Denver?
Oct. 16, 2010

RA Review here: http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=8226
Cool.
Are we 110% sure about who brought him to Denver also?
Everyone associated with that event has gone missing and are no longer on Beatport

www.freqboutique.com
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

mick finesse wrote:Yeah I thought you'd bail after being told what's up, try watching your mouth before you start lying about dumb sh!t when you think no one you know is looking.

First off. How the fck am I lying? I read the fucking manuscript. I simply said this sh!t has probably effected more sh!t than we know as my opinion? Is that not a safe assumption? Doesn't matter who the fck threw what. It matters where it happened and when and who has the actual resources to do stuff. You go onto to put words in my mouth and end up and think attending PUNCHIS every friday and going to every dirtybird party is going to make a fucking differnce? The club scene has been stale since Maetrik 2 summers ago. I vent frustration because once and a while it's nice to see talent that no one can afford come out here and play. This sh!t only reiterates why big names are becoming more rare. The bottom line is no one knows the true story. Only reason techno is good in a club anymore is for 2 reasons.
1.Expensive headliner to expensive. 2. For the sound system. Clubbing is fucking wack in this city and the vibe at BETA and Vinyl is fucking terrible. Guidos dry humping and ear fucking kills my buzz. Unless you are surrounded by at least 10 close friends drunk as fck it might be a good time. My agression is for the music, not for riding personalities for status and taking sides.
Last edited by Hutch on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

you two should get a room : fight : fck or both.... haha..

let's just relax folks. try to expression your opinions, without personal attacks..

let's be adults..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote:you two should get a room : fight : fck or both.... haha..

let's just relax folks. try to expression your opinions, without personal attacks..

let's be adults..
I agree, they should fck and make up :)